Intec 12.5 Vertical

Knots

Threads
Just removed intake valve from B/S 12.5 hp vertical shaft. Everything I was told is that intake valve seal was under the big end of the valve. This seal, with tiny spring around top, is under the valve spring. How do you remove/install a new one without damaging something. Looks like the metal part of seal is around top of valve guide. Is it screwed on or is it a press fit. Don’t want to damage old one, which is probably fine, until I have a new one in hand. Getting the parts is another story.
Engine numbers are in first post.
Thanks guys,
Knots

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is simply pried off the valve guide. Use an appropriate socket to install. For the 690968 seal I use a 10mm 6 point deep well socket and lightly tap it until seated.

Note it is true that on some engines the seal was move to install in the intake chamber but I don't remember exactly which heads this was done on.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They pop off
I use a small wrecking bar with the groove for pulling nails widened to fit nicely on the side of the seal
Removing them destroys them
Then get put on using a socket
If the head is off the engine it goes in the freezer overnight

Knots

Threads
Anyone else having trouble with unwanted ads that pop up when you are trying to read a post? They are coming from Google saying “you’ve been selected, blah blah blah”. If you back up they go away but then pop up again instantly making your forum unusable. Anyone know how to get rid of them??
Thanks,
Knots

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Anyone else having trouble with unwanted ads that pop up when you are trying to read a post? They are coming from Google saying “you’ve been selected, blah blah blah”. If you back up they go away but then pop up again instantly making your forum unusable. Anyone know how to get rid of them??
Thanks,
Knots
I use Firefox with Ad Blocker enabled OR Brave browser or DuckDuck go.