Installing Snow Plow to Mower

4getgto

Threads
Does that little fella' have the juice to push a plow? Might be burning up some drive belts and pulleys.

slomo
You could be right but I would believe they made some sort of plow for this from the factory.

pvels

Threads
Does that little fella' have the juice to push a plow? Might be burning up some drive belts and pulleys.

slomo
Hopefully. It is 24hp. Our snow here tends to be a few inches at a time. If a bigger storm hit I would use by snow blower. But definitely don’t want to damage my mower.

pvels

Threads
I wouldn't be too afraid of breaking bolts. As long as you're using 2 or more 3/8" bolts per side. Maybe even 1/2" . " If making some kind of support in front should be plenty". You tractor is only so big so you may find a weak link somewhere else..
Thanks. What would you recommend in terms of the additional brace is there a certain gauge that I should use and where is best place to find something like that?

Last edited:

4getgto

Threads
Thanks. What would you recommend in terms of the additional brace is there a certain gauge that I should use and where is best place to find something like that?
It's kinda tough to tell without having in front of me. But I googled your tractor/with plow and it seems like there's a cross bar/support missing. I copy a couple links below that may give you a little more insight. Your blade does look very similar.

pvels

Threads
Thanks. That is the newer model. Has different side brackets but does have 2 brackets in front. When I called Sears they said that my model the 24443 fits my mower as is but the instructions do not show my mower type. Have read that they upgraded to 24441 because of the extra support and less strain on the tractor frame. Which made me think think I should reinforce it. I may be able to order the cross bar from the newer model and secures it to mine. Was just thinking it would be easier and cheaper to buy metal locally and just bolt it in. Just not sure what type of metal to use.

logert gogert

Threads
I am trying to install craftsman plow 486.24443 to my craftsman yt4000 model 917.28857. The plow manual does not show an option for my mower suspension. I have been able to hook it up but concerned that it is not going to be strong enough. I have a plate that would allow me to bolt into a top suspension but there is no top plate or bracket to connect it to. So right now it is only bolted in on the sides using the side brackets. Maybe that is correct but seems odd. Does anyone have any instructions to install this blade to similar mowers?
use zipties, lots of zipties.....

4getgto

Threads
Thanks. That is the newer model. Has different side brackets but does have 2 brackets in front. When I called Sears they said that my model the 24443 fits my mower as is but the instructions do not show my mower type. Have read that they upgraded to 24441 because of the extra support and less strain on the tractor frame. Which made me think think I should reinforce it. I may be able to order the cross bar from the newer model and secures it to mine. Was just thinking it would be easier and cheaper to buy metal locally and just bolt it in. Just not sure what type of metal to use.
Any 1/4" thick metal should be fine. ..