Inspection Camera

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just looked at the H-Frt inspection camera ad, 67979. The reviews are surprisingly good. Anyone use it to look into the cylinder(s) of the tractor engines? We often hear about $200 tear downs during warranty negotiations. Maybe the pictures with the camera are not definitive enough to reach conclusions and tear down is required anyway?
This thing is attractive @$69 on sale . (I have had reliability problems with older HF security cameras). Other uses also.:anyone:

DaveTN

Threads
Thanks for the Heads Up! I'll check it out. Many times I've needed to peer down into a cylinder or whatever only to wonder and extrapolate on what 'Might Be Wrong!' only to dis-assemble and find something elsewhere causing the trouble. That could save shop time not having to dis-assemble expensive warranty jobs when a peek would reveal a ton of information. At $69 (less if you use the 20% off coupon) and you used it several times it would be worth it! I've got a Ford Taurus V-6 I need to peer down into some of the cylinders to diagnose a noise before I pull the head.