Increasing rear tire size on Toro 42 inch Timecutter

shurguywutt

Threads
$160 for the wheels/tires plus $42 for the two inch spacers. If you’re buying smaller tires and spacers, the cost would go down.
I have the 34" deck 75734 (to get through my gates) but I would seriously consider doing the same mod as you did one day. I know its an entry level ZT but rear wheel size still seems like the biggest weak point on this mower, mine are even smaller than your stock ones (18” X 6). I have the same 2100 hydros on mine too.

Would you go 1.5" spacers if you had to do it again? Whats the model number for the spacers that you used? Did the mod throw off the level of your deck at all?

Thanks

BudLight

Threads
I have the 34" deck 75734 (to get through my gates) but I would seriously consider doing the same mod as you did one day. I know its an entry level ZT but rear wheel size still seems like the biggest weak point on this mower, mine are even smaller than your stock ones (18” X 6). I have the same 2100 hydros on mine too.

Would you go 1.5" spacers if you had to do it again? Whats the model number for the spacers that you used? Did the mod throw off the level of your deck at all?

Thanks
If I had the opportunity, I would go with 1.5” spacers. They would provide adequate clearance on my mower and I assume less pressure on the hydros. I looked on Amazon and the two inch spacers I used aren’t showing up. What you need is a 4x4 spacer with at least a 57mm bore and 1/2x20 studs with nuts. The thickness is your choice. The back set on the wheel you’re going to use along with existing clearance defines the required thickness. The ones I considered were designed primarily for golf carts. I screwed up and ordered one inch spacers which were too narrow. And that was after I measured a 75750 mower at the dealers. The frames, the fender supports and the wheel offsets are different on all of these mowers. Measure twice, order once.

BudLight

Threads
You wanna go expensive, look @ "Tweels" ......... Not my style, but just threw it out there.
I spoke several times to a guy who owns a small lawn service company about changing my wheels/tires. He brought up the tweels for his commercial mowers. When I told him they cost about $2K I thought he was going to throw up.

Lawn Addict
Threads
"Tweels" ain't cheap, & I have seen pics of some that did break down in time. (after warranty ending, naturally)..

BudLight

Threads
If I had the opportunity, I would go with 1.5” spacers. They would provide adequate clearance on my mower and I assume less pressure on the hydros. I looked on Amazon and the two inch spacers I used aren’t showing up. What you need is a 4x4 spacer with at least a 57mm bore and 1/2x20 studs with nuts. The thickness is your choice. The back set on the wheel you’re going to use along with existing clearance defines the required thickness. The ones I considered were designed primarily for golf carts. I screwed up and ordered one inch spacers which were too narrow. And that was after I measured a 75750 mower at the dealers. The frames, the fender supports and the wheel offsets are different on all of these mowers. Measure twice, order once.
If you decide to move forward with your project and need a set of one inch spacers, let me know. I’ve got a set that is brand new that I’ll sell to you cheap. I bolted one of them onto my mower which prevented me returning them to the company.

shurguywutt

Threads
If you decide to move forward with your project and need a set of one inch spacers, let me know. I’ve got a set that is brand new that I’ll sell to you cheap. I bolted one of them onto my mower which prevented me returning them to the company.
Will keep that in mind. Thanks

Beehbs

Forum Newbie
Threads
@BudLight - Just curious how you are liking this setup after a year. I'm looking to do this for my 42" Toro as well as I'm having a similar slope issue on my yard. Could you share the part numbers and sites you purchased the wheels and adaptors from?

magikamos

Forum Newbie
Threads
@BudLight - Just curious how you are liking this setup after a year. I'm looking to do this for my 42" Toro as well as I'm having a similar slope issue on my yard. Could you share the part numbers and sites you purchased the wheels and adaptors from?
Did you ever get a reply, or take the leap and go with something else? I'm dealing with the same slippery tires on my 4260. They're several years old and getting worse. Not wanting to replace them with the same thing.

BudLight72

Threads
My apologies, I didn’t receive notice that additional responses came in and just stumbled on these two questions. Here’s a screenshot of the tire/wheels I ordered. It gives the part numbers all. The spacers I ended up using are two inch. Got them from Amazon if I remember correctly. I just looked and don’t see them listed anymore but any two inch spacer (golf cart) with a 4x4 pattern will work ok. If you can use a one inch spacer, I’ll sell the originals that I bought and were too narrow for my application. Brand new.

Attachments

• C53E9FFD-B565-4972-9FAD-49E028F84071.png
    C53E9FFD-B565-4972-9FAD-49E028F84071.png
    763.7 KB · Views: 15

packardv8

Threads
Also have a 4235 with the 18 x 7.50 - 8" tires and wheels.

I saw another machine with 20 x 10 - 8" setup; anyone know what width wheel is needed to run those tires?

FWIW, the first two internet whores who paid google to have their site at the top of the search are actually "out-of-stock" on the tires, but waste your time hoping you'll click on something else on their site.

jack vines