Increasing rear tire size on Toro 42 inch Timecutter

andyboy

Threads
First input here from a long-time reader. I have this mower and I agree that the traction is not good when mowing slopes for sure. I am not sure that larger tires would solve the problem since the same weight will be distributed over a larger area so your putting less PSI on the ground. Isn't a more aggressive tread or more weight over the tries what you need?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
So now with Super Swampers on the mower, how are you going to level the deck?

1632605501079.png

BudLight

Threads
I looked at more aggressive tread designs and was concerned that they would damage my lawn during a turn. Again, I’m new to the zero turn world. Is my assumption accurate?? Also…. I anticipate that my deck will be level or close to it with the new tires. They’re the same diameter as the originals. Not the gumbo monster mudders! Ha!

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I looked at more aggressive tread designs and was concerned that they would damage my lawn during a turn. Again, I’m new to the zero turn world. Is my assumption accurate?? Also…. I anticipate that my deck will be level or close to it with the new tires. They’re the same diameter as the originals. Not the gumbo monster mudders! Ha!
Don’t assume, check the deck level and pitch.

BudLight

Threads
  • / Increasing rear tire size on Toro 42 inch Timecutter
Tire assemblies and one inch wheel spacers are in. A dry fit reveals that I didn’t measure correctly or the offset of these wheels are slightly different than those on the 75750 Toro mower I measured at the dealer. The tire on the right side just barely touches a fender support bracket. Now in the process of swapping the one inch spacers for two inch spacers. I attempted to download a photo but the system says it is too large (3mb).

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Tire assemblies and one inch wheel spacers are in. A dry fit reveals that I didn’t measure correctly or the offset of these wheels are slightly different than those on the 75750 Toro mower I measured at the dealer. The tire on the right side just barely touches a fender support bracket. Now in the process of swapping the one inch spacers for two inch spacers. I attempted to download a photo but the system says it is too large (3mb).
Shrink the file.

BudLight

Threads
C50D013E-D7C1-4385-BB97-B3FD018D5A49.jpegTook your advice and downloaded a photo application which allowed me to compress the file.

Lawn Addict
Threads
The more you hang those wheels out farther adds stress on the axles.. Just saying..

BudLight

Threads
The more you hang those wheels out farther adds stress on the axles.. Just saying..
Believe me, I thought about this a lot before starting this project. I came to the conclusion (perhaps the wrong one), that the extra stress would be created by the weight of the spacers. The wheel/tire assembly I’m using is the same as a 75750 and my 75747 mower has the same HG 2100 hydros. The two different mowers also have the same part numbers on their axles. I had considered this swap as a potential option to the wheel spacers. The other thing I wanted to look at but couldn’t find was the difference in total weight between the two units, or even load capacities..

Lawn Addict
Threads
The wheels out further is like adding leverage on the axles when you hit bumps etc.. Probably be ok, but just my .02

Load capacity can be found on Hydro-gear website for your 2100's.