Inconsistent starting issues?

cbr7380

Threads
I have a Husqvarna yth1842 with a 18.5 Briggs and Stratton intek and I've run into a starting problem..The mower will fire right off and run smoothly but then it might not start the next time? Has a new battery,starter,solenoid,ignition switch..It almost seems like there's a bad connection somewhere? I would appreciate your thoughts and suggestions!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have three threads with the same question, please delete two of them to prevent confuSimon. Then we can concentrate on the one left.

cbr7380

Threads
I know I'm not seeing an option to delete them

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In your first post you will find REORT. Tell the admin you made a mistake and ask them to delete them for you.

cbr7380

Threads
In your first post you will find REORT. Tell the admin you made a mistake and ask them to delete them for you.
Okay thanks I reported them..Sorry about that can you help me now? lol I'm thinking it may come down to the armature magneto bc flywheel is rusty? Should i clean the magnet on flywheel and check the gap on magneto? Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Throwing parts at a problem and hoping to get lucky is a very expensive way to tryand fix a probem
You have to diagnose the problem first them repair it.
Some times this has to be done multiple times .
Your problem could be as simple as a loose choke cable preventing the choke closing fully .
Or a wire broken at the crimp.
So for now my suggestion is spending another $ 18 and buying a red in line spark tester plus a can of carb cleaner .
Then remove the colenoid in the carburettor and checking that it closes with a strong click every time you turn the key on
Also make sure it opens fully
While it is open pull & push the wires to check for a broken wire or bad connection.

Fit the spark tester to the engine and use some cable ties to get the bulb at a place you can see it when you crank the engine
Watch it while you are cranking , check that the red globe flashes in a consistant fashion.
If the globe is flashing and the engine does not start then shoot a SHORT shot of carb cleaner down the carb intake .
Do this for a while and let us know what you find