in need of pulley.

dwelder

Threads
I have a john deere gt262. Last week I pulled the mower out of the shed put it in 4th gear and my foot slipped off the clutch and the mower jerked real hard made a grinding noise and was moving fine but as soon as I started to go up my back yard ( a slight hill) it started to roll backwards.
I found the problem the rear transaxle pulley is sheared. I pulled it off (wasn't easy) and it was destroyed but the transaxle shaft is perfect.
What I need to know is who sells splined pulleys. I don't care if the pulley is smaller or bigger. Just don't want to spend $120.87 at john deere for a pulley, that's outrageous.
The transaxle is a tuff torq 5 speed.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a john deere gt262. Last week I pulled the mower out of the shed put it in 4th gear and my foot slipped off the clutch and the mower jerked real hard made a grinding noise and was moving fine but as soon as I started to go up my back yard ( a slight hill) it started to roll backwards.
I found the problem the rear transaxle pulley is sheared. I pulled it off (wasn't easy) and it was destroyed but the transaxle shaft is perfect.
What I need to know is who sells splined pulleys. I don't care if the pulley is smaller or bigger. Just don't want to spend $120.87 at john deere for a pulley, that's outrageous.
The transaxle is a tuff torq 5 speed.

You need to spec that pulley somehow. It's likely you could find one but you'll need a part # or all of the dimensions and the spline type. Post some picks and all that or you'll be paying JD prices

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you have an industrial supply in your area, they should carry a full line of pulleys...
Browning line has about every type pulley and removable center hubs in almost any configuration...
Most places that carry bearings also have pulleys of various size...
Count your spline # and measure ID and OD... take the damaged pulley with you... :smile:KennyV

dwelder

Threads
Thanks. I have looked tcs website and they should have what I'm looking for but if not il have to buy from jd.