impeller fan

ducassos

Forum Newbie
Hi I have a ROYAL 43S that i have fitted a new drive belt. I had to destroy the fan to get access to the belt. how do you get the alloy spacer (belt drive) inserted into the fan? will I have to take it to a place with a press ? It's to tight to hammer in, don't want it to shatter the fan.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200516_175850resize.jpg
    IMG_20200516_175850resize.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20200516_175841resize.jpg
    IMG_20200516_175841resize.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 10
I sorted it myself. not a lot of help from so called lawn mower mechanics. phoned around ,no one new much at all. still waiting on 2nd reply from Husqvarna. BUT I had a go at a few mods while waiting. I first ground down the edges of the 'spacer' then using long bolt ,nuts and washers and sockets.Used them to compress the fan onto the spacer. This must have come originally as one complete unit, not two items. Anyhow that worked nice tight fit. Then there is another plastic spacer that fits into the fan that the blade attaches to. This had to be filed down inside as it has a circular centerpiece that fits into a hole. The hole was undersized. Hopefully get it back together and get it working.
This is the plastic blade spacer.
 

Attachments

  • blade spacer.jpg
    blade spacer.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Sorry for intruding...but do you think you can give me some pointers on how to get the fan and the holder off the machine? I started a new thread about this (should have searched the forum first...?).

Regards
/Fred
 
Last edited:
Back
Top