Igntion Swich?

blueriverbob

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 98 MTD riding mower model 13A7660G752 with the 20 horse tec motor. I was mowing the field and saw a rock that needed removing. Got off the mower, killed of course from pressure release, got on to start again and nothing....not even a click. Ran a jumper from the hot bat to the starter and no problem. Before I spend 25 bucks for an ignition switch was wondering if anyone had the same problem or know of another possible issue. I did check the sensor under the seat and it seems to be working fine.

Ranger bob

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to these forums...
You will have safety interlocks in the starting circuit ... A pto engaged switch, a break/clutch switch... Check the interlocks, You have left something on that shouldn't be... Perhaps the pto. :smile:KennyV

blueriverbob

Forum Newbie
Threads
I checked and they all are in the off or not engaged position. Would it not start at all with any of these engaged. I can start it from hot bat to starter is why I thought the starter switch.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The small terminal on the starter solenoid 'should' get 12 volts from the key switch when it is turned to start.
That 12 volts will need to go through the clutch/brake interlock pto interlock and possibly another interlock, ... so begin at the key switch while holding it to start, then work your way to the starter solenoid... something in that path is open... :smile:KennyV