Ignition switch.

Earlier you said that you had a 5 terminal switch, but the one you posted is a 7 terminal switch. That makes my earlier post wrong. You are going to have to clean the terminals on that switch and tell us the letter label on each terminal if you want more help. We can't help unless we know what component we are talking about.
 
Sorry you had to go through that, Mr. Fish does not like me or my posts. I've just finished a busy week and haven't been able to get back to you sooner.

Take a look at the attached picture, and it may help.

Test your switch for continuity between the B and L terminals with the switch in the run position. If you have continuity and your B terminal goes back to the battery, probably connected at the solenoid, then you can connect the RED lead of the volt meter to the L terminal and the BLACK lead to any good ground. This should give you a reading on the meter anytime the key is in the run position.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb268/MOWNIE/KeySwitch1.jpg
 
Thanks buddy I will try It when It arrives you've been a big help. I will re-post again Thursday the 11 when It's supposed to come or sooner.
 
Thanks Rivets It arrived and I installed It so It only comes on when I turn the key and I redid the headlights so everything comes on when I turn the key.
 
Back
Top