Ignition coil for Kubota GH250? Any idea where?

balooba

Threads
Thanks! I'm not sure if I got it right. The url is to Google search… None of the Google suggestions are to part supplier for Kubota gasoline engines :-( I think I somehow get different search results.

I wonder if there/somewhere is a way to find a ingnition coil by measures?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Looking at your pictures and doing the little research thats available to me, I might have figured something out. First, that coil looked like it might be the same as a Kawasaki coil. Kubota may be using the same coil?? Then I went to an image research and found what looks like the same coil listing that it is for a Kubota and Kawasaki engine. I don’t know if any of this research is worth any more than the time it took, but if you have a Kawasaki dealership or repair shop in your area, it might be worth your time to talk to them and see if they would by some chance they would have one in stock. You will notice that the attached website lists both a Kubota and Kawasaki part number, which might help you in your search. I’m assuming that these coils use an internal triggering chip, so resistance measurements will do you no good. Sorry I can’t be of more help. Luck luck and let us know if you have any success.

balooba

Threads
Looking at your pictures and doing the little research thats available to me, I might have figured something out. First, that coil looked like it might be the same as a Kawasaki coil. Kubota may be using the same coil?? Then I went to an image research and found what looks like the same coil listing that it is for a Kubota and Kawasaki engine. I don’t know if any of this research is worth any more than the time it took, but if you have a Kawasaki dealership or repair shop in your area, it might be worth your time to talk to them and see if they would by some chance they would have one in stock. You will notice that the attached website lists both a Kubota and Kawasaki part number, which might help you in your search. I’m assuming that these coils use an internal triggering chip, so resistance measurements will do you no good. Sorry I can’t be of more help. Luck luck and let us know if you have any success.
Good tip, great work - thank you very much.
I'll put here later some results how I succeed. Looking already good.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Try contacting Kubota Europe.

Kubota GH250-Q-1-SO-UK2 (No decode for the UK2 so it probably means its was especially built for the UK market.)
1661771284471.png
1661771334345.png

balooba

Threads
Try contacting Kubota Europe.
Kubota GH250-Q-1-SO-UK2 (No decode for the UK2 so it probably means its was especially built for the UK market.)
Yes, good advice. I did that but not really helping.
It seems that Kubota is these days not much about these small engines but more about tractors and bigger stuff.
So far I have found plenty of info about this Kubota GH250 engine, YouTube videos, manuals and brochures — but surprisingly little or any usable.

However, thanks to the tips on this forum it looks like this is the same ignition coil as
Kawasaki 21121-2086, or John Deere AM121820 and maybe some others, too.
I ordered one from eBay and hope it'll arrive soon. Looking forward to that!

IMG_4448.JPG

Meanwhile, maybe I'm doing something wrong or then this is some British Engineering humor.
To remove the Ignition Coil (1), I have to get off the cover (2), and to do that I have to remove a mesh/shield/box (3). To do that I have to get loose or remove this pedal frame (4) to that I have to loosen the pedal construction (5)… Hah haa, I hope I get all back in place.
I tried to remove the engine but that was pretty impossible even if it was only with four bolts.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The way they packed that engine in, you’re luck you didn’t have to pull the engine. Hope all your work turns out positive.

boatmoter

Threads
Yes I did (I learned that from YouTube 😀).
My next step is to remove the whole Kubota engine, test it well, remove the flywheel... So far it looks that no spark, and I have not found any reason. I'll try to measure the coil AND order already a new one from somwhere.
BTW - the engine worked great. One morning, it just did not start. I had disconnected and reconnected the battery previous evening, maybe that is some reason for something?
Fuel and everything else okay.
don't forget about the I think is a 0.25 air gap between the coil & magnet on flywheel