I need a new grease gun to use for my Scag

JGGMC

Threads
I need a new grease gun to use for my Scag. What is a very good brand to buy? I have 2 now but I want one that is easier to use.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't know about easy to use but I'd not buy anything that doesn't use a standard grease tube. I have a battery gun, uses some sort of small tube that I can't find anywhere. I fill it by hand, nice gun, plenty of power, smaller size is handy, but a pain in the @&& to refill.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
For ease of use, get two--one with a flex hose and pistol grip; the other with the rigid tube and lever handle.

Don't buy cheap grease, either, or you'll have oil leaking out of the grease guns. Mobil 1 synthetic grease doesn't leak but it costs about 4x as much as cheap grease.

edit to add: Don't forget, not all zerks take the same kind of grease, so you may end up with more that two grease guns.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
[QUOTE="cpurvis, ]

edit to add: Don't forget, not all zerks take the same kind of grease, so you may end up with more that two grease guns.
[/QUOTE]

I have 4 guns. Pistol grip flex hose with waterproof grease. Pistol grip with moly EP grease. Lever gun straight tube waterproof grease. Lever gun with EP grease.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It will depend upon exactly where your zerks are.
If you have hollow spindles then you will need a 90 deg end because the right hand one is impossible to get at on nearly every ZTR regardless of brand.
Because I service mowers I use a McNaught Mini Lube that takes a 5 lb tin.
For the others I use a Tricor Grease Gun it has a rubber bung that goes into the end of the tube so it never ever leaks and the magnet is really handy for one handed use
I use only 2 kinds of general grease
Waterproof marine grease, everywhere other than blade spindles
High tack argicultural grease ( red )for blade spindles.
Both are lithium greases.

JGGMC

Threads
[QUOTE="cpurvis, ]

I have 4 guns. Pistol grip flex hose with waterproof grease. Pistol grip with moly EP grease. Lever gun straight tube waterproof grease. Lever gun with EP grease.
[/QUOTE]
what type grease do you use on your mower? I want a pistol grip grease gun next.

Viffleros

Forum Newbie
Threads
Such a device as a grease gun allows you to pour oil into the hard-to-reach areas of the car bearings, hubs, joints, and other components in a high-quality, time-saving, and even manner. To lubricate an element in the vehicle, you don't have to disassemble the whole unit. In addition, the grease will not leak out through the cracks. It's pretty handy stuff. I take it in comparison to my good guns at ballachy.com. They also need care and constantly need to be oiled. With cars, it's a little more convenient because there are syringes like this, but with guns, it doesn't work.