Export thread

I have a gt5000,want to make the wiring simple

TrayWay143

TrayWay143

I want it to be used as a riding toy but when i rewired everything it will crank but will not try to start

B

bertsmobile1

check for a spark
If there is none one of the safety switches is active

TrayWay143

TrayWay143

It has spark and would there still be a way for them to be activated if the wire harness is completely taken out?
Also the bowl on the carb does that need to have power all the time?

StarTech

StarTech

It has spark and would there still be a way for them to be activated if the wire harness is completely taken out?
Also the bowl on the carb does that need to have power all the time?
As for the fuel solenoid on the carburetor it does power all the time when cranking and running.

B

bertsmobile1

Cranking circuit and magneto kill circuits are totally separate
The magneto circuits are all open then close to ground to turn the magneto off
Cranking circuits are all battery power so either open or 12V .
The solenoid on the carb can be replaced with a short bolt or the plunger cut off
I do not recommend doing either as the solenoid provides a back up should the kill circuits fail.

shadetree#1

shadetree#1

If you squirt a primer of gas into the carb throat and the engine briefly tries to start and run is a hint that the carb solenoid plunger is not retracting.

You can disable (defeat) the carb Anti Backfire solenoid if desired per bertsmobile1 hint.

superchief87

superchief87

I want it to be used as a riding toy but when i rewired everything it will crank but will not try to start
hope this helps the 2 red wire toggle is momentary.

Attachments

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

The carburetor anti backfire solenoid going bad happens more than you think. I repaired them my way last year several times. Even when they are working, they can be intermittent and cause problems.

StarTech

StarTech

I think I have only replaced less than 10 since 2009 on the 100's of engines I have repaired. And nearly everyone in the last three years have been ones on Ruixing carbs.

K

kjonxx

Run kill wire from eng to toggle thats grounded on dash. Use only starter solendoid and ign switch or push button to start. simple and usable as toy.

TrayWay143

TrayWay143

I think I have only replaced less than 10 since 2009 on the 100's of engines I have repaired. And nearly everyone in the last three years have been ones on Ruixing carbs.
Should i replace the carb for one of those?

TrayWay143

TrayWay143

This helps alot. Thank you. Also what abt the carb solenoid?