I have a gt5000,want to make the wiring simple

TrayWay143

Threads
I want it to be used as a riding toy but when i rewired everything it will crank but will not try to start

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
check for a spark
If there is none one of the safety switches is active

TrayWay143

Threads
It has spark and would there still be a way for them to be activated if the wire harness is completely taken out?
Also the bowl on the carb does that need to have power all the time?

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It has spark and would there still be a way for them to be activated if the wire harness is completely taken out?
Also the bowl on the carb does that need to have power all the time?
As for the fuel solenoid on the carburetor it does power all the time when cranking and running.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Cranking circuit and magneto kill circuits are totally separate
The magneto circuits are all open then close to ground to turn the magneto off
Cranking circuits are all battery power so either open or 12V .
The solenoid on the carb can be replaced with a short bolt or the plunger cut off
I do not recommend doing either as the solenoid provides a back up should the kill circuits fail.

shadetree#1

Threads
If you squirt a primer of gas into the carb throat and the engine briefly tries to start and run is a hint that the carb solenoid plunger is not retracting.

You can disable (defeat) the carb Anti Backfire solenoid if desired per bertsmobile1 hint.

superchief87

Forum Newbie
Threads
I want it to be used as a riding toy but when i rewired everything it will crank but will not try to start
hope this helps the 2 red wire toggle is momentary.

Attachments

• 1677678849350.png
    1677678849350.png
    452.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    203.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
hope this helps the 2 red wire toggle is momentary.
The carburetor anti backfire solenoid going bad happens more than you think. I repaired them my way last year several times. Even when they are working, they can be intermittent and cause problems.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I think I have only replaced less than 10 since 2009 on the 100's of engines I have repaired. And nearly everyone in the last three years have been ones on Ruixing carbs.

kjonxx

Threads
Run kill wire from eng to toggle thats grounded on dash. Use only starter solendoid and ign switch or push button to start. simple and usable as toy.