I going to be more of a pain.....

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
For myself I have learn never to trust a government employee as they will lie straight to your face while knowing the whole time they are going to do right the opposite. It is like those Covid stimulus checks, I have yet to any of them. Heck the Idiot Ran Service [better know as the IRS] has to yet even process my 2020 tax return or the 2021 tax return. You can't even get pass the computerize operator at the IRS to talk to a real person.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
That sorta like when I moved my shop to its current location. I had youngsters claiming they knew everything but couldn't even diagnose a simple problem I asked them about. One of them proceeded to screw up one my customers mowers as he tried stealing my client. A big failure as six bearings never go where only two is suppose to be normally.

If I ever get big enough to need extra help they will need to prove they can actual do the work by spending at a week in my shop with going behind to double check the workmanship. As I said to them it the proof in the pudding that counts, not papers.
I will never hire anyone to help me. I have plenty of business to keep me as busy as i want to be. No sense screwing it up with an employee. Hiring a person even part time would actually cost me money than i would make if i did the right and legal way. Which is the only way i would do it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
For myself I have learn never to trust a government employee as they will lie straight to your face while knowing the whole time they are going to do right the opposite. It is like those Covid stimulus checks, I have yet to any of them. Heck the Idiot Ran Service [better know as the IRS] has to yet even process my 2020 tax return or the 2021 tax return. You can't even get pass the computerize operator at the IRS to talk to a real person.
A bigger problem for the US where all of your public officers get elected
Putting some one in charge of the police or fire department because they are popular will never get the most compitent person in the job
And this applies 20 fold to presidents & governors.
Having a permanent public service that is not elected is a better system but of course the elected officals can still over rule them or appoint heads of departments based on their political ideology .
Then there is greed
We all want everything for free so the government must supply it just so long as some one elses taxes pay for it .

And yes Rowland is 100% correct
Inflation is invented
It is done purely to protect the assets of the asset rich & make it difficult for those with out substantial assets to acquire them.
It has no beneficial effect for the general population what so ever and directs capital into non productive things like real estate speculation or buying some one elses profits ( stock market )
It is not needed
Japan has had no inflation for over a decade & it has not vanished off the face of the planet

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
That why I never applied for Briggs or Kohler dealership. First I have no room for parts that will only collect dust. I still got starter from 2009 sitting on the shelves as I thought they would be needed.

I also don't a need to get so-called certified. Oh I can easily pass the written tests but that don't mean the guys that do know what they are doing.

I remember when I was layoff in 1996. Finding employment was nearly impossible. I was either over qualified or didn't have the certification papers. I finally found a job working on Toshiba copiers which I had to learn on the fly but at least I had experience working on Panasonic copiers. It did help that the owner of the shop was desperate for a tech. I made it six months until the boss's father showed his butt complaining that I wasn't getting the work done when it that the company hadn't paid the parts bill and Toshiba had the parts on hold.

Now that I work for myself there is no going back to kissing rumps for employment.

Asian Massage parlor. $100 and you'll feel like a new man.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know the feeling. Just got a what looks like new Huskee rider in Saturday. Must of had a case of the Monday's Idler pulley for the short belt on the rear is whining, the variable pulley bearing has a wobble, and the input shaft wobbles on the transaxle is also jumping gears internally under high load. Contacted by extended warranty company to see if I could do the factory warranty, because they and the customer both claim it is under warranty. And as of right now I have not seen a purchase date or a copy of the receipt. Oh, the serial number date code for this MTD is 1b068 which is February 6, 2018. Which is two years outside of the factory warranty.

I can't even begin to do a warranty parts request without the receipt because everybody will want a copy of it before proceeding.
The rest of the story. This is not a factory warranty, this is a store return that was purchased by the customer 2 years ago and the customer purchased the extended warranty. I don't do extended warranties. The person that originally called me and lied about it being factory warranty. Needed either extensive transmission repair or transmission replacement. Input shaft bearings whining and also looks like either the shift fork is bent from the way it is acting, or something else going goofy. With the tires off of the ground and the single speed transaxle in N the wheels turn in reverse.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
And today's mayhem involved a customer arriving to pickup their Scag Turf tiger that I had to obtain the pump flow test kit, to determine if I had a pump problem or a wheel motor problem. Pump was fine, and had a bad wheel motor, Installed the wheel motor yesterday, did final purging and test run today. Customer arrived makes a couple laps around the area and goes to load it. Engine dies and won't restart 6 feet from the trailer ramps. Diagnosis confirms that the fuel solenoid on the carb has failed.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Momma said there'd be days like this.
Momma said, momma said.