I found THE best ultrasonic cleaner

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Those are the weakest cleaners on the market. That is how.

City tap water in a mechanical vibratorial machine will work too.

slomo

Are you trying to say I'm fat?

Actually, as it turns out, the CDC just didn't a global study on the use of "Awesome" cleaner in ultrasonics and they, along with world renowned scientist from all over the world, that it's THE best stuff in the entire world. In fact they're thinking about using it on the next space station mission to clean afterburners.

Oh yeah, and it cures cancer and covid.

So there. :p

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you trying to say I'm fat?

Actually, as it turns out, the CDC just didn't a global study on the use of "Awesome" cleaner in ultrasonics and they, along with world renowned scientist from all over the world, that it's THE best stuff in the entire world. In fact they're thinking about using it on the next space station mission to clean afterburners.

Oh yeah, and it cures cancer and covid.

So there. :p

That's old news LOL. (y)

slomo

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I need to look into the ingredients to see if there any harmful items that affects rubber and plastics.

But of course yesterday I use some sulfuric acid to clean an old aluminum updraft carburetor of corrosion that was creating jelly in the fuel bowl overnight after my ultrasonic cleaning.

It says
Contains No acid, ammonia or bleach.

It says it contains 2butoxy ethanol... And that's all it says.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Oh great just more solvent to damage more rubber. I would then very leary of using on 2 cycle cubes or anything with rubber parts.

CAS No. 111-76-2

2-Butoxyethanol (C₄H₉OCH₂CH₂OH) is a colorless liquid with a mild odor. It can harm the eyes, skin, kidneys, and blood. Workers may be harmed from exposure to 2-butoxyethanol. The level of exposure depends upon the dose, duration, and work being done.

2-Butoxyethanol is used in many industries. It is used as a solvent and is found in paint strippers, thinners, and household cleaners.

Some examples of workers at risk of being exposed to 2-butoxyethanol include the following:
  • Workers in silk-screening and printing occupations
  • Workers who make or refinish furniture
  • Workers who use spray paints
  • Employees exposed to certain household cleaners
  • Mechanics and others exposed to hydraulic fluids
  • Factory workers who manufacture certain cosmetics

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oh great just more solvent to damage more rubber. I would then very leary of using on 2 cycle cubes or anything with rubber parts.

CAS No. 111-76-2

2-Butoxyethanol (C₄H₉OCH₂CH₂OH) is a colorless liquid with a mild odor. It can harm the eyes, skin, kidneys, and blood. Workers may be harmed from exposure to 2-butoxyethanol. The level of exposure depends upon the dose, duration, and work being done.

2-Butoxyethanol is used in many industries. It is used as a solvent and is found in paint strippers, thinners, and household cleaners.

Some examples of workers at risk of being exposed to 2-butoxyethanol include the following:
That "junk" has covid in it also. LOL

slomo

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads

CAS No. 111-76-2

I can't find anything about this being bad on plastics or rubber.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
whenever i submerge a carb for cleaning i strip it down to the bare casting as possible.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
whenever i submerge a carb for cleaning i strip it down to the bare casting as possible.

Do you remove the check valves too? I'd like to learn more about replacing those. Would be a lot less time consuming than waiting on a new carburetor.