I found THE best ultrasonic cleaner

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's called "awesome." You can get it at any dollar store for $1 for 20oz. I have a 6L USC, I put 40oz in it, and filled the rest up with water. It does an amazing job. No graying at all.
I had a jet that I couldn't break though with wires, needle or dull mini drill bit. Stuck it in the USC for 20 minutes, the gunk popped right out.

So far, I've used it on about 3 carbs and same results every time.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I don't have a ultrasonic cleaner, but i do the boiling lemon juice trick on the hard ones, works great !

NorthBama

Threads
I use simple green it seems to work well for me in my USC. I need try the awesome stuff thanks

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use simple green it seems to work well for me in my USC. I need try the awesome stuff thanks

I've tried a bunch of stuff. And most of it works pretty good. Including just dawn dish soap and water. The carbs I've pulled out of this, so far, have a polished look to them. Super clean.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pure ammonia works better. It's a high ph soapy solution that will strip all the gunk away with ease. Throw a cup or two in your wife's dishwasher. Carb will come out like new. Cheap, safe, already in most households and widely available. (y)

slomo

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's called "awesome." You can get it at any dollar store for $1 for 20oz. I have a 6L USC, I put 40oz in it, and filled the rest up with water. It does an amazing job. No graying at all.
I had a jet that I couldn't break though with wires, needle or dull mini drill bit. Stuck it in the USC for 20 minutes, the gunk popped right out.

So far, I've used it on about 3 carbs and same results every time.
Guys on the OPE forum say it is good too. I picked up 2 gallons today for $12. If this isn't the best stuff ever you owe me #12. ?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Guys on the OPE forum say it is good too. I picked up 2 gallons today for $12. If this isn't the best stuff ever you owe me #12. ?
That watered down junk from the dollar store, is just that. Don't waste your time and money.

slomo

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
That watered down junk from the dollar store, is just that. Don't waste your time and money.

slomo

It works really good in my USC. How can you call it junk, if it works?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I need to look into the ingredients to see if there any harmful items that affects rubber and plastics.

But of course yesterday I use some sulfuric acid to clean an old aluminum updraft carburetor of corrosion that was creating jelly in the fuel bowl overnight after my ultrasonic cleaning.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
It works really good in my USC. How can you call it junk, if it works?
Those are the weakest cleaners on the market. That is how.

City tap water in a mechanical vibratorial machine will work too.

slomo