I COULD USE SOME MORE HELP.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
No my pic out of the book shows how the throttle/gov linkages should be hooked up, but the control plate you have on your bunch of pics do not show what controls the choke, and it is real hard to get anywhere, as all of the pics to help you are on a different thread.
But your basic gov. linkage setup is on the pic I put up, you still will have other issues as you are using parts from other engines.

Tedws

Threads
Post all numbers from your engine and I'll try helping you out, not just engine model number as Tecumseh has so many engines like everyone else. Example ecv 100 or lev1oo and numbers from carburetor as well. The number you posted is craftsman number I need all Tecumseh numbers.

http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/manual/tecumsehcarburetormanual.pdf
SER FAQ: LMFAQ: Cleaning Craftsman (Tecumseh) carburetorsscroll down

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...ct+springs+&+linkages+on+tecumseh+carburetors

Thanks machanic mark, I can not find the numbers like you posted but I am going to give you what numbers I did find which is the sears # 143.406022 ser#1065D the carb # 1423 J6 also I am going to try to send some photostechumseh governor 137.jpgtechumseh governor 133.jpgDSC01502.jpgDSC01498.jpgDSC01499.jpgDSC01500.jpgDSC01501.jpgalso a man gave me this TVXL 220-157205a

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK, that part in pic #1, put that loose spring in the end hole on that lever, and install on the top of the carb, making sure that metal tab pointing down sits in the slot to work the choke when you move the cable all of the way forward.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The pic I put up just had the throttle control at the top of the carb, you have it hooked to a cable. That appears to be the difference, which is minimal.

DSCN6277.jpg

Tedws

Threads
The pic I put up just had the throttle control at the top of the carb, you have it hooked to a cable. That appears to be the difference, which is minimal.

View attachment 23478

Mr. Fish THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. I did that and the governor keeps it running full speed all the time no matter where I put the control on the dash. Does that mean new carb.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well, not really. You should be easily able to control the speed by working the throttle manually on top of the carb. If you cannot, then the throttle plate has lost it's screws and the plate is laying about in there somewhere. If you can, then you need to look at the gov. and the linkages, as the engine revs, there is an internal spool
that works the gov. arm and makes it "slow" the throttle back down. And a correct adjustment ensures the correct balance for optimal rpms, and when the unit
has a change of load, deck engage, going uphill, etc.....

And if the internal spool is farked up, then you will require some internal surgery.

This is why I ask for details, history, numbers, etc.

I don't wish anyone to waste time or money, which is why I like to have the info needed to help folks, and well, you have all of the things you need to figure this out,
I think.....

Tedws

Threads
OK, that part in pic #1, put that loose spring in the end hole on that lever, and install on the top of the carb, making sure that metal tab pointing down sits in the slot to work the choke when you move the cable all of the way forward.

OK I did that and when I put the spring on it and move the throttle up on the dash that that moves the throttle on the carb wide open and I can't seem to slow the motor down so I turn it off.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
well can you hold the throttle closed by hand? or hold onto the gov rod and control the rpms from there?

Kind of important questions.....

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Isolate each piece, and you will find out where your trouble is....