I can't get my deck belt back on

Mattlap

Forum Newbie
I have a 50in xt1 cub cadet. I removed the deck easily but I cant for the life of me figure out how to get the belt back on. I pull on the spring and I am still not getting enough slack to put it back on. What am I missing?
 
Either the belt is routed wrong or the belt itself is wrong.
If you still have the old one, take the new one off and check them for length.
Kevlar belts by & large do not stretch.
At best you can get about 0,05% stretch .
However belts do get labeled wrong
 
I checked and rechecked and it seems to be routed properly. I am completely baffled. Thank you for trying though.
 
Cub cadet usually has a sticker on the deck showing the belt routing..
post the model number that is on a tag under the seat and we'll see if we can help you out. with a model number we can look at the diagrams and see how stuff is supposed to go.
 
Cub cadet usually has a sticker on the deck showing the belt routing..
post the model number that is on a tag under the seat and we'll see if we can help you out. with a model number we can look at the diagrams and see how stuff is supposed to go.
Model number is 13aqa1cq009. Serial number is 1c306h20389
 
Check that deck is mounted correctly. You may be able to loosen off the 2 nuts at the back of the deck if it is the model I am thinking of to give more slack. Note original placement.
 
The idler spring needs to be detached to install the deck belt. Here I use an in house made spring hook tool to remove and install these springs.
 
Back
Top