hydro tranny are there any differences

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
oh well, no one here knows so i guess i will have to leave them for last when i have the time to compare them side by side
keakar, Gil from TUFF TORQUE Tech Support called me back with this information: K46AW fender controlled & K46BT pedal controlled are not compatible to be swapped.

gainestruk

Threads
Well sir I have no idea, I've never tried to interchange them, I was just telling you what might need to happen....

Mower King

Threads
keakar, Gil from TUFF TORQUE Tech Support called me back with this information: K46AW fender controlled & K46BT pedal controlled are not compatible to be swapped.
WOW....making a call like that for someone on here, that is going above and beyond.....much respect!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is no such thing as a linkage that can not be made to work.
I once fitted a RER tranny into tractor because the pensioner could not afford the proper replacement & I inherited a dozen new trannys with the business.
Lots of bell cranks & cables .
It just depends on the competency of the person doing the job and the time available to do it .
Naturally if the units are not identical then it will not be plug & play .

keakar

Threads
thank you very much, now i know not to waste shop time on them

i was hoping being both k46 trannys they might swap out but thanks to you i am learning more about them

i had assumed they maybe were different but wasnt sure so i came here to ask the experts willing to help

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
If it takes a phone call to Tech Support to find a correct answer then that's what I'll do. I am by no means an expert, just a retired former mechanic both military & civilian that enjoys helping folks out. The experts on this Forum are Rivets, ILengine, bertsmobile1 & several others. I give GOD all the credit for the wisdom & knowledge he has given me.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
One other thing. I wouldn't just assume the other K46 is a good transmission either. Might be better off pulling the mounted unit and cleaning it out, refill with new oil, reseal and trying it instead. Many (me for one) have done this and gotten a couple hundred more hours out of it.