Hydro oil

William1944

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has anyone used hydro oil other than xmark brand?
Thanks ahead of time.

William1944

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you Sir exmark hydro oil is $15 a quart on amazon $16 at dealership.
I am also trying to find a service manual exmark doesn’t make it easy. Can’t imagine no body is boot legging them since the company won’t even sell one at a high price. I know they are trying to protect the mechanics, but not everyone can get to a shop and have a machine tied up for days if it’s being worked.
Most shops will not give out part numbers.
Thanks Abe

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I am also trying to find a service manual exmark doesn’t make it easy. Can’t imagine no body is boot legging them since the company won’t even sell one at a high price. I know they are trying to protect the mechanics, but not everyone can get to a shop and have a machine tied up for days if it’s being worked.
Thanks Abe
Although it may seem so it is not a conspiracy to protect dealerships .
It is just a case of cost cutting
A manual can cost from about $ 45,000 to press ready stage to well over $ 100,000 .
I used to write them and latter on edit some freelance that were translated into English from other languages
Just for that I got from $ 1,000 to $ 5,000 per manual.
OTOH I can charge dealer mechanics to come to my service school
So for smaller factories it is a no brainer , no manuals, just dealer tech notes when problems arise or a fundamential change is made .
JD produce the best manuals by far, every thing clearly explained without the use of jargon so a layperson can follow them and do very complex repairs quickly & efficiently
However most JD owners would rather have a rabid dog chew off their testicals than pay JD a quite reasonable amount for the excellent manuals

Honest Abe

Threads
Thanks Abe
do you want an actual "Service" manual or this Operator manual - - -

Born2Mow

Threads
Hydro oil is cheap compared to hydro parts and hydro unit replacement. DON'T SKIMP. Use Mobil-1 15W50 SYNTHETIC with 2 new filters. You can get a matched set of the correct filters from Amazon.

Most of these hydro units are made by one company and therefore use very similar maintenance procedures. There are numerous videos on YouTube to show you how it's done. You will need a floor jack and 2 jack stands.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
109-9828

Per Toro (Exmark) Safety Data Sheet
1687616731030.png