Hustler zero turn tyres

Mad_mat222

Threads
Mmm and as a commercial operator I only get just over 18 mths out of a set

Mad_mat222

Threads
I have found some tyres in the states for well under half price but can’t get them shipped out. My part number is 604503 for just the tyre or 606023 for a rim and tyre. Anyone know a good store I could deal with That would ship to Australia?

I tried a 20x8.00-10 tyre (fitted on the 10x6 rim) on the machine but there is only about 3mm clearance to the frame and I could push the tyre onto it. The offset of the tyre just doesn’t allow it. When the tyre is down there would be no clearance. So the more common tyre is not possible with the current rim: 606022.

Perhaps a 10x8 rim with the right offset would work. Any suggestions? The 20x8.00-10 tyres are so much easier to find and a lot cheaper.

aussielawny

Threads
Where are you Mat? l've got the set that came with my Gravely, l upsized to 20x10x10 to stop tearing........

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Its about brainwashing alright, convince suckers to pay $220 a tyre for something that costs less than $5 to produce and convince them it’s market dynamics.

Tyre size was 20x6.5x10 on a hustler raptor36”. I can’t remember if it was the turf saver or not. It came with two options when I purchased it.
Got a drinking buddy in transport & storeage ?
ask him about logistical costs
Tyres are all empty space and the most expensive thing to ship is empty space.
Then there is warehousing, again very expensive because of the realestate rental mafia down here & idiot accountants who demand businesses pay rent on real estate rather than buying it .
Tyres are a service item so you factor the cost of them into your service fee
If you are eating up tyres that quickly then there is a big problem with the way the mower is being driven or you are mowing a bloody lot of grass with it so the costs should be insignificant per lawn mowed.
Got 4 customers using Timecutters commercially and they do not go through tyres at anywhere near that rate.

Think about your $ 5 a tyre attitude the nest time some one tells you it only costs $ 5 to mow an acre of grass & out $ 60 is highway robbery .

Shipping from the USA to OZ will more than double the purchase price

Of my 4 wholesale supplies , none of them carry a 20x6.5-10 tyre so your tyre will be a dealer only special import = expensive
They all carry 20x8-10 & 20x10-10 and they will all work out better than $ 200 by the time they are shipped if I only added 10% retail margin and with the usual 30% $ 220 is in the ball park
The one exception is Roy Gripskie & sons who now only sell their own brand and their 20x8x10 will work out at around $ 150 each + freight, part no # PTY9160

Next time you buy a new mower check the price of all of the consumables before you open your wallet .
You will save yourself a fortune on ulcer medications.

Last edited:

Mad_mat222

Threads
Got a drinking buddy in transport & storeage ?
ask him about logistical costs
Tyres are all empty space and the most expensive thing to ship is empty space.
Then there is warehousing, again very expensive because of the realestate rental mafia down here & idiot accountants who demand businesses pay rent on real estate rather than buying it .
Tyres are a service item so you factor the cost of them into your service fee
If you are eating up tyres that quickly then there is a big problem with the way the mower is being driven or you are mowing a bloody lot of grass with it so the costs should be insignificant per lawn mowed.
Got 4 customers using Timecutters commercially and they do not go through tyres at anywhere near that rate.

Think about your $ 5 a tyre attitude the nest time some one tells you it only costs $ 5 to mow an acre of grass & out $ 60 is highway robbery .

Shipping from the USA to OZ will more than double the purchase price

Of my 4 wholesale supplies , none of them carry a 20x6.5-10 tyre so your tyre will be a dealer only special import = expensive
They all carry 20x8-10 & 20x10-10 and they will all work out better than $ 200 by the time they are shipped if I only added 10% retail margin and with the usual 30% $ 220 is in the ball park
The one exception is Roy Gripskie & sons who now only sell their own brand and their 20x8x10 will work out at around $ 150 each + freight, part no # PTY9160

Next time you buy a new mower check the price of all of the consumables before you open your wallet .
You will save yourself a fortune on ulcer medications.
If you do enough research you can generally get stuff from the states half price and that includes freight. The 20x8-10 tyres I can get locally in North Queensland for $120 ea. A side note, years ago I was going to put an ARB locker in my vehicle. I could get this Australian made heavy piece of steel, delivered back to Australia, cheaper than I could buy it locally. And that was when the dollar was rubbish too. And some ARB rep had the nerve to say it was market dynamics. Two lots of freight, an exchange rate difference and a middle man. Just because there is a price on somethin, doesn’t mean you should except it or local look for value. I think anything up to$150 is exceptable for something that could fit on the front of a wheel barrow.

Back to the $5 tyre comment. That’s just a guess at how much a $220 tyre costs to produce. Add a bit of freight the rest is middleman tax. I’m not complaining about people trying to make a living, just stating I’m not paying that much. You compared mowing a lawn to $5 tyre. Well, no middle man. You imagine going though a couple of sub contractors and companies and the lawn was marked up to $500. Not many people would be happy about that and would probably do it themselves or look for an alternative.