Hustler zero turn tyres

Mad_mat222

Threads
Holy moly! I just got a quote for a new rear tyre for my Hustler raptor and it was $220aud A TYRE!?? passenger tyre are only a $100 and my 285/75r16 are $300. Can someone suggest a good source for tyres? It would be cheaper to buy my own tyre manufacturing plant than buy a set.

Mad_mat222

Threads
By the lack of responses, people are happy to pay that price. Nuts

Lawn Addict
Threads
Type in a google search, I prefer Bing as a search engine, should find something. Since you never mentioned the size you need. Can't do much with out details.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
By the lack of responses, people are happy to pay that price. Nuts
It is all about volume
The tyre companies do batches of car tyres measured in millions
They do bathes of mower tyres in batches of thousands
Car tyres wear out in 2 to 4 years so they are regularly replace.
Mower tyres will last for 30 ears if you occasionally dress the sidewalls to prevent them splitting
Thus there is next to no market for mower tyres
In 10 years I have replaced 4 rear tyres an 16 fronts
And that is stretched over 300 customers and around 400 mowers.
Of the tyres replaced all but two were for hardening & cracking of the sidewalls to the point the tyres split
Fronts that wear out so do get replaced are a reasonable price but I could still buy tyres for my van cheaper than the 10" fronts for the mowers.

I know that you have been brainwashed that the free market will provide everything you ever want and a price that is easily affordable but that economic theory belongs in Disneys Fantasy Land
If you want to order them in 200 lots you can get junk tyres from China for $ 50 a piece plus freight or buy the same tyre from Walmart for $ 200 a peice.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Note no brand name on tyre
Looks like an ever cheaper tyre bought from China in bulk then sold on Amazon where all the best crooks on the planet sell defective parts .

aussielawny

Threads
l'm using Carlisle tyres (l'm a contractor in NSW) they seem to be the best

Lawn Addict
Threads
Note no brand name on tyre
Looks like an ever cheaper tyre bought from China in bulk then sold on Amazon where all the best crooks on the planet sell defective parts .
Very true. Just an option to OP for cheaper tires.

Last edited:

Mad_mat222

Threads
It is all about volume
The tyre companies do batches of car tyres measured in millions
They do bathes of mower tyres in batches of thousands
Car tyres wear out in 2 to 4 years so they are regularly replace.
Mower tyres will last for 30 ears if you occasionally dress the sidewalls to prevent them splitting
Thus there is next to no market for mower tyres
In 10 years I have replaced 4 rear tyres an 16 fronts
And that is stretched over 300 customers and around 400 mowers.
Of the tyres replaced all but two were for hardening & cracking of the sidewalls to the point the tyres split
Fronts that wear out so do get replaced are a reasonable price but I could still buy tyres for my van cheaper than the 10" fronts for the mowers.

I know that you have been brainwashed that the free market will provide everything you ever want and a price that is easily affordable but that economic theory belongs in Disneys Fantasy Land
If you want to order them in 200 lots you can get junk tyres from China for $ 50 a piece plus freight or buy the same tyre from Walmart for $ 200 a peice.
Its about brainwashing alright, convince suckers to pay $220 a tyre for something that costs less than $5 to produce and convince them it’s market dynamics.

Tyre size was 20x6.5x10 on a hustler raptor36”. I can’t remember if it was the turf saver or not. It came with two options when I purchased it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Tire life just depends how many "ears" you wear out every year per Bert?

Last edited: