Hustler 52" Super mini Z starting issues

Carmineb48

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello:
The motor is a Kohler serial #4121600351, model CV740S.
Last August had starting issues, thought starter, figured I save some money
and change starter myself. Still wouldn't start. Brought it to dealer, starter was good
and installed porperly, ignition switch was bad. Been running fine ever since.

Until a week ago, thought starter again, used old one I first changed out.
Cranked right over. Ran great for 1/2 a day today. PTO started to sound funny today,
thought belt may be going bad.

Today at my last 3 stops, blades wouldn't engage, i shut down mower and restarted hoping to jump
start whatever the problem may have been.

Mower would not crank again.

Got it home and was about to push it up on ramps, and it started. 3 times.

Any ideas what may be the problem? Pretty sure I have 2 good starters and ignition
switch is only 6 months old. PTO switch seems loose. Thanks for any leads/advice.

Carmine

Streamlight

Threads
I had symptoms similar to those on my mini fastrak a few years ago, and it ended up being one or both of the relays under the control panel. I bought Stens brand for half of the price of the Bosch originals, cost just under 20 bucks for both, haven't had any problems since. parts manuals at hustlerturf.com

Jettbiz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a mini z. The control arm must be open to engage starter. The last time I was able to start I needed to jiggle the right control arm to get it to start ... Now it won't start... Any ideas?

MRCo.

Threads
I have a mini z. The control arm must be open to engage starter. The last time I was able to start I needed to jiggle the right control arm to get it to start ... Now it won't start... Any ideas?

Make sure the safety switch is adjusted right- when the arm is in the pal position the switch should be depressed. If not, adjust it. If so, take off the wires to the switch and jump it. If it cranks you have a bad safety switch. If not, your issue is elsewhere.