Husqvarna YTH24V48

SteveA1959

Forum Newbie
Threads
Won't start with the key. I can get it started with a pliers across the starter posts. I've already bypassed the seat switch earlier this year and just now replaced the ignition switch, but still nothing without hot wiring it. Also once I get it started the hr meter and the reverse mowing function works. Also you can still turn it off with the key? What do i check next?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Actually it sound like the cranking circuit is open some where and Steve shuld spend more time listening to professionals and less time watching shaved monkeys on face ache.
1) seat switch is not in cranking circuit
2) solenoid could be fine Steve needs to see if jumping the trigger wire to the battery fed wire trips the solenoid.
If this is the case the solenoid is fine
3) Steve then needs to check if he is getting battery voltage at the trigger wire on the solenoid with the key in the start position
If not he needs to check the circuit, starting as the S ( Strt ) terminal on the key switch then the PTO switch then the parking brake switch .
Husqvarna hide their circuit diagrams in the front page or back page of their p[arts books and the parts book is a free download from the Husqvarna web site.

SteveA1959

Forum Newbie
Threads
So is there a way to test the starter solenoid? The two posts of the solenoid is where I jump start it now. I'll also look for that fuse.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So is there a way to test the starter solenoid? The two posts of the solenoid is where I jump start it now. I'll also look for that fuse.
IF it is a 3 post solenoid ( 2 heavy cables & one trigger near the base ) you jump form the battery cable to the trigger wire and the solenoid should trip.
If not jump a ground cable to the solenoid body & try again.

If it is a 4 post solenoid ( 2 small trigger wires at the base ) then you jump + to one & - to other . It does not matter which way .