Husqvarna YTH24V48 "Reverse" always active

deminin

Threads
This mower has a "reverse" position on the ignition switch. Unless the key is in the "reverse" position, the mower engine should shut off when trying to go backwards. Recently, my mower runs in reverse in both the "run" and reverse positions. I replaced the ignition switch, but that did nothing...mower still goes in both directions regardless of where I have the ignition switch. The wiring diagram shows a "Reverse TT Pedal Control Switch" that may be the problem. Could that be the cause...and if so, where is this switch physically located?? I've found nothing on the internet describing this problem/location. The mower runs and mows good, but i would sure like to know/fix this issue Any help will be appreciated.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
IF I remember correctly the switch should be located on the right of the transmission in control linkage area. It been a while since I look for the switch. More engine and deck then transmission work.

Besides I just spent 7 hours disassembling the front end of a Kawasaki just to get out the front differential so I got brain fog right now.

deminin

Threads
IF I remember correctly the switch should be located on the right of the transmission in control linkage area. It been a while since I look for the switch. More engine and deck then transmission work.

Besides I just spent 7 hours disassembling the front end of a Kawasaki just to get out the front differential so I got brain fog right now.
Thank you. I'll jack up the mower in the next few days, and see if I can find this switch.

Alan46

Threads
This mower has a "reverse" position on the ignition switch. Unless the key is in the "reverse" position, the mower engine should shut off when trying to go backwards. Recently, my mower runs in reverse in both the "run" and reverse positions. I replaced the ignition switch, but that did nothing...mower still goes in both directions regardless of where I have the ignition switch. The wiring diagram shows a "Reverse TT Pedal Control Switch" that may be the problem. Could that be the cause...and if so, where is this switch physically located?? I've found nothing on the internet describing this problem/location. The mower runs and mows good, but i would sure like to know/fix this issue Any help will be appreciated.
We have the exact mower 2015 and it has always done that, thought it was weird but have always used the proper key position! Never had an issue!☮️✌🏻

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The reverse witch is generally wired in a sub loom with the seat switch so you can follow the wires down to the reverse switch .

deminin

Threads
The reverse witch is generally wired in a sub loom with the seat switch so you can follow the wires down to the reverse switch .
I will keep looking. Husqvarna Support was of no help....they just referenced the IPL,