Export thread

Husqvarna yth18542 Deck Adjustment

S

Scout1

I just purchased a Husqvarna yth 18542 mower. The deck height is only 3 inches in the highest position (6). Looking under the machine, there appears to be two positions the pins could be placed in the rear which are labeled 1 and 2. The front has a single bar and while there is a second hole, it is not labeled. There is no reference to this in the manual. Is it possible to gain some additional deck height? I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks.

S

Scout1

I just purchased a Husqvarna yth 18542 mower. The deck height is only 3 inches in the highest position (6). Looking under the machine, there appears to be two positions the pins could be placed in the rear which are labeled 1 and 2. The front has a single bar and while there is a second hole, it is not labeled. There is no reference to this in the manual. Is it possible to gain some additional deck height? I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks.
Actually, I see there are no additional attachment points; however, I did find the deck was way out of adjustment. After I took some measurements I was able to get the highest setting right at four inches which was the spec I was going by when I bought it. Probably a good idea to double check the work done by the assemblers at the big box stores.

B

bertsmobile1

Glad you sorted it.
Now you see a reason for buying from a dealer