Husqvarna RZ5424 Hydrostatic Transmission issue

perdueg97

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am working on a Husqvarna RZ5424 and I had a problem of mowing with it for about an hour just fine then my back right wheel would lock up and I would be stuck doing circles so I dropped the transmission and looked it over and found that my seal around my pulley shaft was shot so I ordered a new one and got it put back together and in my owners manual it does not say anything about what kind of oil or how much oil to put back in the transmission only thing I can find is how to get the air out of the transmission. When I did drop the transmission I did find that it had milky oil in it so water had gotten in there. If you all have any kind of information on this anything would help.

Thank you in advance

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is there a hydrogear sticker on the transmission. Unlike most other pieces of equipment the engine and transmissions are considered separate items than the mower. so you can have parts diagrams for 3 different pieces of the same mower. If hydrogear it will use 20w50 motor oil. Need to measure how much oil you take out so you know how much to put back in. Post the model number information from the transmission tag and we can get you started down the correct direction.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I would also replace the input shaft bearing if water has gotten into the transaxle as I have two here where the bearing started to rust up after the input shaft seal failure. A little preventative maintenance now saves a lot of work later.

perdueg97

Forum Newbie
Threads
The fluid in the transaxle has water in it so how is that gonna give me an accurate amount to put back in?

perdueg97

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sticker is hydro gear. It won’t let me upload picture it’s too large of an attachment.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just give us the long model number off of the tag.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
@perdueg97 Dry volume for your EZT2200 series is 56 ounces, You may not be able to put quite that amount in because the pump and motor, filter will hold a small amount.

perdueg97

Forum Newbie
Threads
@perdueg97 Dry volume for your EZT2200 series is 56 ounces, You may not be able to put quite that amount in because the pump and motor, filter will hold a small amount.
Thank you! Can you tell me where you found that information? Just so I know.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The transmission is not part of the mower from Husqvarna ( or any other makers ) point of view.
It is a separate entity unto itself and as such they provide no information about transmissions.
Thus you need to go to the transmission maker for service & repair information .
From the makers point of view this is a massive win as they do not need to keep hundreds of small transmission parts in stock which they loose money on by selling to you.
They force that impost upon the trnsmission maker and only keep complete trannies in stock on which there is a good profit margin.