Husqvarna Rider 322T - Mower deck will not engage when lowered into cutting positoion.

farrider387

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Husqvarna Rider 322T - Mower deck will not engage when lowered into cutting positoion.
This mower normally engages the the mower deck when the deck is lowered into cutting position.. As long as you are in the seat and the engine is running, normal operation is that the blades start turning when the deck is lowered into position. Now, when I lower the cutting deck, nothing happens. Anybody have a clue as to how to remedy this problem ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Husqvarna Rider 322T - Mower deck will not engage when lowered into cutting positoion.
If the deck is dropping all the way down then the belt is not driving the blades
usual reasons in the order I see them are the belt has fallen off the idler pulley, Idler pulley spring has broken fallen off or belt is broken.

farrider387

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the input. I'll check. What is the triggering mechanism ? Is there an electrical contact somewhere ? Why does the act of lowering the mower deck cause the belts and pulleys to engage ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It puts tension on the front deck belt via a pulley on the left side of the mower & spring with a lifting ring on it.
There is an idler on the right side that very rarely goes bad .
I have earlier models near 20 years old in my service run and they are still running the original idler.
The pulley is controlled by a rod which is attached to the deck lift arm that you move to engage the blades and lift the deck for servicieng .
Get down on the left side while some one raises & drops the deck and watch the action
Go to Husqvarna and download the parts manual for your mower