husqvarna mz61 cranks up fine , then shuts off

Asamau

Forum Newbie
Threads
MZ61 with FR730V motor will crank up, run for a bit with no problem, then shuts off. will crank back up fine but then shuts off after a few minutes.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like she wants more fuel. Clean and or replace the fuel system to the carb. Start at the tank then finish with a flow test into a glass jar AT the carb. Should dump the tank out freely. Cap vent okay?

Asamau

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like she wants more fuel. Clean and or replace the fuel system to the carb. Start at the tank then finish with a flow test into a glass jar AT the carb. Should dump the tank out freely. Cap vent okay?
i have checked flow to carb and is free flowing and will freely pump out fuel when cranking. Cap vent is ok.
No i have never took off and cleaned under shroud.

Bertrrr

Threads
Must be a carb problem if it's getting fuel at a steady rate, When did this start ? what's the history before

Asamau

Forum Newbie
Threads
Must be a carb problem if it's getting fuel at a steady rate, When did this start ? what's the history before?
has 1100 hours, use non e gas, always kept reasonably clean and changed oil as needed. never had any motor problems before. began all of a sudden five days ago. i checked fuel flow, changed spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter and changed oil & filter next day....still same problem, cranks up, runs then shuts back off.
i have not ever went into carburetor.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
At 1100 hours she is due for a carb douche.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
i checked fuel flow
For how long? Ooops it's running out then shove the line back on or dumped out the tank completely?

Asamau

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not Fuel related......after looking further, i discovered some burnt contacts on my on off switch. it seems the electric clutch pulls its voltage from the switch and maybe a loose connection was causing a direct short. i replaced cranking switch and no more problems.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for the closure & congrats on the repair
Now go mow