Husqvarna LGT 2554 front wheels bowing out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goosemasterkl

Threads
  • / Husqvarna LGT 2554 front wheels bowing out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm working on a Husqvarna LGT 2554 lawn tractor and the front tires are bowed in at the top on both sides. What all do I need to change out to correct this problem? Does Husqvarna have a complete steering rebuild kit for it? If so; what would be the part number? Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Negative camber? In towards the engine? That is an old racing trick. Helps turn better with radial tires. Wouldn't lose sleep over it unless they are way out of smack.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well which is it. Camber (the tilt of the wheel tops in or out) or is it the toe (leading edge in or out too much)

If toe out/in then the drag link(s) are bent or the wheel bushings are bad. For bent drag links either you install new adjustable drag links or use a hydraulic press to bend them back to where they need to be.

Camber in/out usually means a bent spindle which would need to be replaced if it is not the spindle bushings

Last edited:

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Big pipe wrench and you guessed it a big pipe. See if you can't bend them back straight. Or if possible install upside down. Shot in the dark. Or a bottle jack and a couple Air Force ratchet straps attached to the front tires. Got to be some hillbilly way to tweak them back.

lbrac

Threads
Try jacking the front end off the ground, grab the tire and wiggle it to check for loose bushings, etc. I would expect them to be quite worn if it is apparent just looking at the wheels. There should be bushings on the steering and the wheel hubs. It would take a lot of force to bend the axles, but that is possible.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Could be some drag racing mud dogging machine doing a lot of wheelies.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Wheel bushings usually wear out because the owner did not keep them greased. And they usually take out the spindles too.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have done a couple by fitting the long roller from I think it was a ToroZTR front caster wheel sandwiched between two new bushes
Seemed to have worked for the past 2 seasons
A bit of messing around but the front axel assemblies are a kings ransom down here .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bert, I think you are referring something like this.
1660319406699.png