Husqvarna 125B leaf blower will not stay running

Scott1970

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just like a couple other posts I’ve seen my Husqvarna 125B leaf blower will not stay running. Not even a year old. Used 4 times. Replaced carb, fuel lines, primer ball, fuel filter & spark plug. Removed muffler. Clean. Removed spark arrestor. Was clean. Replaced gas cap. Primer ball will not pull fuel. Pulled line off, plugged it. Holds pressure. Does not make a difference if choke is off, on or 1/2 way. Takes over 15-20 pulls to restart. Doin exactly as it was before everything was replaced. Replaced all parts exactly how they were removed with all OEM parts. Full of gas, 1/2 full or almost empty, no difference. Has compression. Hast been used for a full season. Had a brand new husqvarna string trimmer that did the exact same thing. Both practically brand new, both from Home Depot which could be the problem. Any ideas? Fixable? Worth fixing? Scrap pile? Any ideas? Thanks

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Squirt a small amount of carb cleaner or starting fluid into the carb and try to start it. Does it start and run for a few seconds? Look at the engine where the crankcase bolts together for any oil seeping out and look at the crank seals for oil. Check the crankcase bolts for being loose. 2 strokes depend on primary (crankcase) and seconday (cylinder) compression. Carb depends on pressure pulses from crankcase to work the fuel pump. If you have removed the muffler and checked the piston for scoring you should have good secondary compression. Primary compression depends on crank seals and crankcase gasket seal. Only moving part in the engine is crank and piston so if pri and sec compression good that leaves spark and air fuel mix into engine. A primary compression leak can make it hard to start.

Telesis

Threads
"Primer ball will not pull fuel. Pulled line off, plugged it. Holds pressure."

So, what happens when you push the primer bulb? If it's not sucking up fuel into itself, is the bulb remaining depressed? Also, what line are you pulling off(and where at) and seeing it hold pressure? With all the new parts you mention, specifically a new carb, fuel lines and filter, the priming(purging) function should work perfectly. When you get it running, do you see fuel in the bulb?

Scott1970

Forum Newbie
Threads
"Primer ball will not pull fuel. Pulled line off, plugged it. Holds pressure."

So, what happens when you push the primer bulb? If it's not sucking up fuel into itself, is the bulb remaining depressed? Also, what line are you pulling off(and where at) and seeing it hold pressure? With all the new parts you mention, specifically a new carb, fuel lines and filter, the priming(purging) function should work perfectly. When you get it running, do you see fuel in the bulb?
There’s fuel in the bulb when it’s runnin. I thought it was vapor locking. That’s why I replaced everything. I had another guy respond but letting me know to make sure the crank case bolts were tight. I checked. 3 out of 4 were practically falling out. Haven’t tried to see if it fixed the problem yet. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for everything

Scott1970

Forum Newbie
Threads
Squirt a small amount of carb cleaner or starting fluid into the carb and try to start it. Does it start and run for a few seconds? Look at the engine where the crankcase bolts together for any oil seeping out and look at the crank seals for oil. Check the crankcase bolts for being loose. 2 strokes depend on primary (crankcase) and seconday (cylinder) compression. Carb depends on pressure pulses from crankcase to work the fuel pump. If you have removed the muffler and checked the piston for scoring you should have good secondary compression. Primary compression depends on crank seals and crankcase gasket seal. Only moving part in the engine is crank and piston so if pri and sec compression good that leaves spark and air fuel mix into engine. A primary compression leak can make it hard to start.
I checked the crank case bolts. 3 out of the 4 were about to fall out. Haven’t checked if it cured the problem let. Will keep you posted. Thanks again. Would have never checked that. The things brand new. Had the husqvarna string trimmer do the exact same thing. Threw that in the garbage. Lol. Thank you

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe the fuel lines and primer hose are backwards? OP said the primer bulb has fuel when running.

slomo

Scott1970

Forum Newbie
Threads
I checked the crank case bolts. 3 out of the 4 were about to fall out. Haven’t checked if it cured the problem let. Will keep you posted. Thanks again. Would have never checked that. The things brand new. Had the husqvarna string trimmer do the exact same thing. Threw that in the garbage. Lol. Thank you
Maybe the fuel lines and primer hose are backwards? OP said the primer bulb has fuel when running.

slomo
Was the crank case bolts. Tightened them up & runs perfect now. Seems to be a common problem. Thanks for everything