HS 40 is alive and well. Thanks for the help

Polaraco

Threads
I want to thank those who pointed me in directions to look. The spark problem turned out to be the after market coils. The valve problem was my own stupidity. Strokes stink. Old age is worse.

So I wasn't a troll after all.

100_0986.JPG

100_0987.JPG

Here it is, running and painted. I am still having a slight fuel starvation problem when I put a 1500 watt load on it, But I think it might be because the fuel tank only has a dribble in it. The fuel bowl leaks so I don't want too much fuel in it because of the heat in the shop. I still have a bowl coming. I used some Mopar Blue, I had a couple of part cans. I salvaged the original labels and parts of others. I remember painting this thing back in the mid 70's. Engine production is 6/70 and the Genset is 8/70

This thing weighs a ton! So I am making a cart for it. Gotta be heavy to make good power. The windings in this thing are enormous! I don't remember it being this heavy, but I was in my 30's back then.

2 pulls, verrrrrooom

100_0988.JPG

Once again, Thank you

Last edited:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looking good, give you a sense of pride when something turns out right. I know what you mean when things were a lot lighter when we were 30's. The older I get the heaver things become.