HRX 217 issue bagging leaves going forward

BudLight

Threads
Set the front of the mower two settings higher than the back. Slow your ground speed. In mulching, set on #9 (almost mulching) and empty often.
Thanks. I’ll try this.

BudLight

Threads
I tried raising the front by one then two settings while also adjusting the mulching setting. Couldn’t really tell of any improvement. Actually with the front up two notches it seems to kick out more leaves on the right side. Ultimately ended up lowering the entire deck by a full inch and was able to get a substantial improvement in vacuuming up the leaves. I just don’t think the grass is thick enough to prevent the blowout situation. Had to weigh out damage by the leaves covering the new grass or potential damage to the grass by cutting shorter.

enigma-2

Threads
Glad you got the right setup to get the leaves up. Oak leaves contain tanic acid and is very harmful to grass.

BudLight

Threads
Glad you got the right setup to get the leaves up. Oak leaves contain tanic acid and is very harmful to grass.
I didn’t know that. We have three water oaks that I consider to be very non-desirable. I had five of them removed last year but wanted to keep some shade.

Threads
My HRX 217 tends blow leaves out the right side of the deck and really doesn’t even mulch them. When I pull the mower backwards, it does a much better job pulling leaves up off the ground and bagging them. No issues with grass clippings. Anyone know of a fix for this?
I had a GVC190 (2012) that recently died (my fault and it lasted @10 yrs). I loved most of it. I used the right blower to clean the sidewalk and driveway without bringing out the leaf blower so I uh "repurposed that part of it". Now I have the much noisier (t's bad and so is my hearing so it's really bad) HRX217VKA and I mostly love it. I'm still using the blower to blow and my tire settings were at the highest (4) then I moved them to 3 and logically, I guess, that picked up a litter more. Wonder if lowering it more would help (I prefer the blower action).

BudLight

Threads
I had a GVC190 (2012) that recently died (my fault and it lasted @10 yrs). I loved most of it. I used the right blower to clean the sidewalk and driveway without bringing out the leaf blower so I uh "repurposed that part of it". Now I have the much noisier (t's bad and so is my hearing so it's really bad) HRX217VKA and I mostly love it. I'm still using the blower to blow and my tire settings were at the highest (4) then I moved them to 3 and logically, I guess, that picked up a litter more. Wonder if lowering it more would help (I prefer the blower action).
I lowered mine to 2” and it did much better.