HRR216SDA only runs with choke

ironv

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is regarding a Honda Harmony II HRR216SDA purchased in Mar 2003. Over the last couple of weeks it only runs when the choke is all the way down. If the engine is started with the choke down and then the choke is pulled up, the engine dies. The unit has a brand new spark plug.

Look around a little on this site it seems that the carburetor needs cleaning. Is there a specific point in the carburetor which needs to be cleaned? Can that be done without taking down the carburetor?

Last edited:

Rich M.

Threads
I would definitely pull the carburetor for a thorough cleaning. If it were me, I would just buy a new OEM carburetor since they are so cheap. My HRR216 was $14. I would check out the choke system while you have the carb off. 90% of Honda issues are fuel related.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you had a god ferret around then you would have found links to outdoor power info they have a honda carb section as well
Because I do this all the time, I have a pair of long studs that I slip into the engine when reassembling the carb to stop the gaskets falling off the end.
Then holding the carb hard against the body, remove one stud & fit the bolt then the other .
Most likely your float is not closing off fully & flooding the engine.
Or the control wires are fouled / out of adjustment etc

Rich M.

Threads
Bertsmobile is right about the screw in studs to keep gaskets and the the auto choke in place. Depended on the Honda model, Honda sometimes uses a lot of gaskets.

Look at Youtube. A number of videos can be found on the removal, cleaning and reinstall of a Honda carburetor.