HRM 215-DB S/N MZBB-6074952 SXA

RogerTM

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I'm new to the forum here (joined yesterday). I bought my Honda mower from my mom about 10 years ago. I believe she bought it new in the early 90's. She used it until she got too old to handle it. I brought it home, took the bag off (it was dry rotted and coming apart), put the plug in and the mulching blade on. Starts easy, runs good, drives good, but the problem is with the blades turning. After mowing a few feet, the blades stop. I can let it sit for a while, and it starts again, then stops a few feet later. I don't think it was designed to work this way. I tried adjusting the cable both ways with no improvement. So I put it in my shed for about 8-9 years.
Recently I was motivated to do something with it. Wives are wonderful motivators.
Took the clutch off and cleaned. I didn't see anything obviously wrong with it. So I started poking around on the internet for information and came across this forum. I spent the afternoon reading posts and answers on different things. It's great how everyone seems willing to share experiences and information with others. I came across some with similar problems as I have, but I didn't write anything down. (idiot me) Now I can't find them again. Someone mentioned a recall #65 from Honda.
I would like to know how I can check my mower against that recall to see if it applies.
Also, information on how to correctly adjust the cable (since I messed with it and don't remember where it was set before)
Thanks for your help,
Roger

Threads

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I'm new to the forum here (joined yesterday). I bought my Honda mower from my mom about 10 years ago. I believe she bought it new in the early 90's. She used it until she got too old to handle it. I brought it home, took the bag off (it was dry rotted and coming apart), put the plug in and the mulching blade on.

Hi Roger:

Your mower is not part of the Safety Recall / Service Bulletin #65. That document applied only to units with serial numbers between with the MZAA prefix.

There are a number of things that could be causing the problem, and two ways to go about it. (1) Have a servicing Honda dealer inspect the unit op-to-bottom and make any the necessary repairs / adjustments. OR, you can DIY, but I'd strongly recommend a shop manual; you can get one from Honda either on eBay or amazon; here are the links:

Honda Shop Manuals on eBay
Honda Shop Manuals on Amazon

Here's where to find a dealer in your area:

Find A Honda Dealer

GregGA

Threads
Get the manual. A dealer will charge $75 per hour(approx) and while I can only speak for one Ace Hardware service station near me, I'm not impressed with the quality of the personnel. Most of the repairs can be accomplished with tools you will have in the garage. Robert can help with part numbers. The manuals are VERY complete and excellently written/illustrated.

If you do decide to use a dealer, Robert@honda can probably recommend a good one in a PM.

Let us know how it works out!