Howdy Lawn Mower Forum

dana a

Threads
Hi I'm Dana, the latest Buckeye to show up here. I've got a 73 Craftsman I believe they call it a Suburban. I've run it for 43 years and it has a good appetite for oil now but still runs good with a 42 inch deck. I mow about 4.5 acres and bought a used 98 Toro with a 60 inch deck to reduce time mowing. I googled looking for a lawn mower forum and you all popped up so I joined. Yesterday I was playing with a 12 HP Briggs my neighbor gave me and it didn't run right so I cleaned out the carb and fixed that then the throttle cable wouldn't rev the engine up so I came here about a governor spring. I looked at other peoples woes first and didn't look for governor info. I went back out and found a spring on an 11 HP Briggs and it was too long so I shortened it and put it on and the throttle cable works. I'm retired and like to tinker with anything.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Hi Dana. Welcome to the forum. Happy to have you here!

:welcome:

DaveTN

Threads
Hi and Welcome to the LMF! I'm guilty as well for modifying things when
I need to. :thumbsup:

dana a

Threads
Thanks for the welcome.

DaveTN, I guess there are a few of us who like to modify and make our own parts. I don't care to pay the high prices that some places like to charge so I make my own parts when I can. One member here accused me of Macgyvering and actually I took it as a compliment but he didn't mean it as one. He doesn't like my suggestions to peoples mower problems. The owner of a thread I posted on PM'ed me about those guys giving me a hard time and he said he appreciated all replies. The only time I come back to this forum is when something comes up in my emails otherwise I'm done posting here.

mechanic mark, thanks for the Sears tractor manuals

Dana