how to flip over a boat

corvairbob

Threads
i have a 14' boat on a trailer and i want to flip it over for the winter to keep the junk out of it. it is an aluminum boat and i do not have help to flip it, so i wonder if anyone here on the mower forums has ever built a device that can be mounted to this is the bow winch structure and let me grab the front of the boat by the eye hook that i use to drag it onto the trailer with and then let me pick the back pu and foip it over? this is about what it looks like. maybe some device i can bolt to the front when i have to flip it over. i can take the easy loaders off it easy. thanks bp

1606335384714.png

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The higher you lift some thing the harder it hits the ground.
Take the outboard off, remove one wheel on the trailer and slide the hull off till one gunnel is on the ground then get behind it and push over.
Put some old tyres on the ground for it to land on.
Every furry and slitherly animal within 4 miles will lover your nice warm hotel room .
Or get a good quality canvas tarp much easier to remove than a hernia

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
When i repainted my '79 18.5 ft aluminum boat 20 years ago i took off the outboard engine, stripped out the interior and suspended it from a truss in the barn by the bow eye and flipped it over and set it on 4 5 gal buckets and stripped and repainted it.

Castleford

Threads
I had the same problem as yours so I mounted a crane/winch in the front corner of my utility trailer. I bought mine on sale at Princess Auto,the Cdn version of Harbor Freight. I use it more often than one might think. It's removable. Here's a still from a video clip. The floor needed reinforcement or it would curl like a Frito chip.I also used it to position 2 large propane tanks for my house.I can also mount it to the trailer hitch of my pickup truck.Cranewinchtrailer.jpg

Last edited: