how to changing hydro filter on Encore mower

jlbf0786

Threads
Can anyone tell me how to change the hydro filter without having to change the hydro fluid?
Id like to save/re-use the hydro oil if possible.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks

J Barringer
Charlotte NC

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120618_223312.png
    ForumRunner_20120618_223312.png
    305.8 KB · Views: 11

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Change the oil...
If it has any significant time on it it will be in need of a change out, oil will shear down over time...
:smile:KennyV

jlbf0786

Threads
Change the oil...
If it has any significant time on it it will be in need of a change out, oil will shear down over time...
:smile:KennyV

I will go ahead and change the hydro oil as well, can you tell me how to remove all hydro oil from lines/pumps...etc, and do I turn down the hydro's or leave them turned up when I change the hydro oil?

Thanks

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I also am tempted to try to drain everything when changing oil... It really is not practical or even possible... Some oil is going to remain behind.
I just switched to a different brand of synthetic, and I wanted everything out.
Avoid air bleed problems and just drain the tank, & change the filter... :smile:KennyV

hitmanharleyk

Threads
I'm thinking of changing mine in my Husqvarna IZ4818. It recommends 15w-50 Mobil1 syn but I was told by the shop to use any sny 30 weigh, what would you use?

I'm a fan of Amsoil products and will probably use theirs if I can afford it, gotta figure out how much my reservoir holds. The owners manual doesn't show the capacity.

jlbf0786

Threads
I know my Encore 48 walk behind holds 9 qts, that's alot more than I anticipated.
Im gonna hold off for awhile since its not used but 1-2 times per week.

Most Hydro mowers call for 20W-50..or 15W-50 oil.. Synthetic

Im gonna use Mobil-1 more than likely.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm a fan of Amsoil products and will probably use theirs if I can afford it, gotta figure out how much my reservoir holds. The owners manual doesn't show the capacity.

I just put in 22 quarts of Amsoil DME 15W-40 Diesel Oil... Figured it was time I tried it out...
I was going to go with Rotella T6 or Mobil1... But a friend has been trying to get me to try out Amsoil... So I'll see.. I'm sure it will not make a lot of difference if you use a Good Synthetic, But I would definitely use a multi weight... :smile:KennyV

jlbf0786

Threads
Re: changing hydro filter on Encore mower

I changed the hydro oil in the Encore Premier Walkbehind last night and found that 9 quarts (as specified in the manual) is to much!
I drained the hydro tank and changed the filter, after about 8-1/2 quarts it started overflowing.. So I figure there was still some old hydro fluid in the lines/pumps.

I decided to go with a cheaper brand oil, SuperTech 20w-50 Synthetic.. Walmart brand!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: changing hydro filter on Encore mower

I changed the hydro oil in the Encore Premier Walkbehind last night and found that 9 quarts (as specified in the manual) is to much!
I drained the hydro tank and changed the filter, after about 8-1/2 quarts it started overflowing.. So I figure there was still some old hydro fluid in the lines/pumps.

I decided to go with a cheaper brand oil, SuperTech 20w-50 Synthetic.. Walmart brand!

You will Never be able to remove all the oil in any oil change, so it's not too surprising that it took less to fill.. I'm not familiar with SuperTech synthetic, How much less in price was it?
I know the 22 Quarts (5.5 gallons) of Amsoil was right up there, but I have been wanting to give it a good try out... :smile:KennyV