How to change the fuel pump on a JD LA115

engprosinc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Um, no you have not. WD40 is not flammable enough for a spark plug to fire it, it will in fact foul the plug and make the enge run like crap. we did this years ago on a prove it argument. CRC WILL fire from a spark plug, but will blow so much smoke the shop becomes unlivable until you get the big fan to blow it out..

IF spraying WD40 into the carb made the engine start, chances are you have water in the carb bowl, the wd40 will displace the water and might allow the plugs to fire if you didn't use too much..

Also it running like crap after sitting for a long time is usually one of two things or both.. Condensation built up in the fuel, drain all fuel put fuel tretment in (and not from the same batch you might have used when storing last time it might be a bad batch)..

Or the fuel in the crab dried up and left it's additives behind to gunk up the crab and jets.. Yu can try seafoam in the gas or other fuel cleaner, or do it right and take the carb apart and thouroughly clean it jets and all...
Um, yes I did. As my father used to say to me "I'd agree with you then we'd both be wrong". Just kidding because in his case he was wrong more times than I was.

Read this from a Google search: "WD-40 Aerosol: DANGER! Flammable aerosol. Contents under pressure. Harmful or fatal if swallowed. If swallowed, may be aspirated and cause lung damage. May cause eye irritation. Avoid eye contact. Use with adequate ventilation. Keep away from heat, sparks and all other sources of ignition. WD-40 Bulk Liquid: DANGER! Combustible liquid." The propellant is extremely flammable and will ignite with a spark.

I appreciate your feed back but as I said I have been using if for years, even on Harleys too. The first mini "trial " can I bought cost $0.25 and I ordered it from an ad in Popular Science when I was around 25 years old ( I am now 79 ). I kept it in my tackle box to keep lures, reels and hooks "shiny". The liquid is based on fish oils which give the protective properties and moisture displacement.

lbrac

Threads
Um, no you have not. WD40 is not flammable enough for a spark plug to fire it, it will in fact foul the plug and make the enge run like crap. we did this years ago on a prove it argument. CRC WILL fire from a spark plug, but will blow so much smoke the shop becomes unlivable until you get the big fan to blow it out..

IF spraying WD40 into the carb made the engine start, chances are you have water in the carb bowl, the wd40 will displace the water and might allow the plugs to fire if you didn't use too much..

Also it running like crap after sitting for a long time is usually one of two things or both.. Condensation built up in the fuel, drain all fuel put fuel tretment in (and not from the same batch you might have used when storing last time it might be a bad batch)..

Or the fuel in the crab dried up and left it's additives behind to gunk up the crab and jets.. Yu can try seafoam in the gas or other fuel cleaner, or do it right and take the carb apart and thouroughly clean it jets and all...
Propane is used to pressurize the WD40 and force it out of the can, so if squirted in as the engine is turning over, it can ignite in the cylinder.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It can .
IT all depends upon the ratio of propellent to WD40
This is why I always specify to use a trigger or pump up sprayer
In any case WD 40 in a pressure can is a rip off big time
Down here they marketed it as the "Mechanic in a Can"
And when tested by one of our consumer groups they agreed
Mechanic is a can, and that where it stays up to 30% stayed in the can when the propellent was all used up.

mitchstein443

Threads
Um, yes I did. As my father used to say to me "I'd agree with you then we'd both be wrong". Just kidding because in his case he was wrong more times than I was.

Read this from a Google search: "WD-40 Aerosol: DANGER! Flammable aerosol. Contents under pressure. Harmful or fatal if swallowed. If swallowed, may be aspirated and cause lung damage. May cause eye irritation. Avoid eye contact. Use with adequate ventilation. Keep away from heat, sparks and all other sources of ignition. WD-40 Bulk Liquid: DANGER! Combustible liquid." The propellant is extremely flammable and will ignite with a spark.

I appreciate your feed back but as I said I have been using if for years, even on Harleys too. The first mini "trial " can I bought cost $0.25 and I ordered it from an ad in Popular Science when I was around 25 years old ( I am now 79 ). I kept it in my tackle box to keep lures, reels and hooks "shiny". The liquid is based on fish oils which give the protective properties and moisture displacement.
yup I know all about the uses of wd40, and really do not care what the internet says, you can not start an engine on wd40. You can use wd40 under the distributor cap to displace water. Yes it is flammible to an open flame, not to a spark.
Over 20 years ago we had this very discussion as I said, we tested it out with a chevy small block, wd40 just fouled out the plugs. CRC the engine ran like crap but did sputter... on brake cleaner, carb cleaner, grain alchohol, medical grade 80% isopropal alchohol and severl other chemicls we were able to run the engine as long as we could supply the chemical.. wd40 it would not start, would not sputter and fouled the plugs. We even got better results from type f trans fluid then we did from wd40.. wd40 and quakerstate motor oil had the same exact results.. So NO you do not start an engine on wd40..

Like I said, you may have added wd40 to intake which displaced the condensated water and allowed the gas to flow in and that is what started the engine. wd40 by itself will not run an engine.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Try telling me that WD-40 is not flameable after I set my work bench on fire when it hit a mechanical electric governor. And that was not an open flame but an open spark.