How to advertise?

superiorGRASS

Threads
I have a facebook page, a big sign on a busy st, and craigslist adds. They got me a few just not enough so im working on putting all the money i make off them into advertising. I did get 100 flyers today so im hoping that will help a little.and I got a work uniform with info on it today

LoCo86

Threads
Ok if your happy spending $6 for 100 flyers and spending a day running around putting the things on doors, have at it. I never in my life handed out a flyer and never will. Personally I spent $25 and used one business card, went home and did a few lawns around my home while my business card hit 1500 to 2000 homes in one day or maybe two. Within a week I had 27 clients. Now we work three and a half to four hours a day six days a week and run 70 plus clients weekly in the same sub-division all within a three mile radius of my home. I use my time mowing lawns not driving a truck all over gods creation wasting time and gas. You will soon learn that in the lawn care business time is money and if you ever want to make any money in the business you'll learn to use your time and money efficiently.

You work 3 1/2 - 4 hours a day? That's a 24 hour work week. How can you keep help working that short period of time? Why not work three 8 hour days?

superiorGRASS

Threads
Ok if your happy spending $6 for 100 flyers and spending a day running around putting the things on doors, have at it. I never in my life handed out a flyer and never will. Personally I spent $25 and used one business card, went home and did a few lawns around my home while my business card hit 1500 to 2000 homes in one day or maybe two. Within a week I had 27 clients. Now we work three and a half to four hours a day six days a week and run 70 plus clients weekly in the same sub-division all within a three mile radius of my home. I use my time mowing lawns not driving a truck all over gods creation wasting time and gas. You will soon learn that in the lawn care business time is money and if you ever want to make any money in the business you'll learn to use your time and money efficiently.
how did you do that for around $25? I cant find anything that cheap

superiorGRASS

Threads
Everything i find is over $200 so handing out flyers still sounds good

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a facebook page, a big sign on a busy st, and craigslist adds. They got me a few just not enough so im working on putting all the money i make off them into advertising. I did get 100 flyers today so im hoping that will help a little.and I got a work uniform with info on it today

Your going to put all your money into advertising with something that wont pay enough benefits for you to probably break even. Sure sounds like a plan for going out of business in a hurry.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
You work 3 1/2 - 4 hours a day? That's a 24 hour work week. How can you keep help working that short period of time? Why not work three 8 hour days?

Yes I work 3 1/2 to 4 hrs a day and that's 24 hrs a week because I can. Why should I work 8hrs a day? I retired from one job after 24 yrs at the age of 50 yrs old and in that 24 yrs I saved enough money, built my credit rating to the point I could get into the lawn business without going into debt. As far as the help goes, I don't hire anyone. My business is a family business, the only person I pay every week is my son who works for me. The thing is I have no overhead to speak of, I owe nothing on equipment, I don't drive or cover an area that is 100 miles wide so there's virtually no gas expense for the truck, only my equipment.

LoCo86

Threads
Yes I work 3 1/2 to 4 hrs a day and that's 24 hrs a week because I can. Why should I work 8hrs a day? I retired from one job after 24 yrs at the age of 50 yrs old and in that 24 yrs I saved enough money, built my credit rating to the point I could get into the lawn business without going into debt. As far as the help goes, I don't hire anyone. My business is a family business, the only person I pay every week is my son who works for me. The thing is I have no overhead to speak of, I owe nothing on equipment, I don't drive or cover an area that is 100 miles wide so there's virtually no gas expense for the truck, only my equipment.

I understand you do it cause you can. That's the obvious. I was just wondering why you would want to work 6 days a week in stead of 3. I can see wanting to piddle around after retirement. I was just curious.

superiorGRASS

Threads
Your going to put all your money into advertising with something that wont pay enough benefits for you to probably break even. Sure sounds like a plan for going out of business in a hurry.
I said all the money i make off that few people who i already have not everyone i get. So that gives me a weekly budget. And im still picking up customers here and there so i dont see how its a problem

superiorGRASS

Threads
This app wont let me delete posts for some reason so once again sorry for the screw up

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
how did you do that for around $25? I cant find anything that cheap

I told you once. If you go to the sub-divisions that say No soliciting, go to the club house and see the person in charge of there monthly community paper. They like people too advertise because it helps pay for the paper. They charge a minimal fee, mine was 25$ to post my business card for a month. There paper gets delivered to between 1500 and 2000 homes here in the sub-division.
You keep saying $6 for a 100 flyers seems cheap enough., when in fact the way I look at it , it's rather expensive. It would cost you a $120 to cover the same area I cover for $25 plus while my ad hits every home here I'm mowing lawns and making money not wasting my time going door to door making a big fat 0 for income. Now if you want cheap advertising, find someone to make you some magnetic signs for your truck because more people will see them than your flyers. I had two done for $65 and you can also get Business cards at Vista-Print for next to nothing like 250 for $10 so there actually cheaper than your flyers and a lot more professional.