how many of you repair small engines as a hobby? $$

Flintmotorsports

Threads
  • / how many of you repair small engines as a hobby? $$
have not been on here in a couple of weeks so i sold the coleman generator and the poulan wildthing and i also sold a macuulloch saw that
i had for about a year now i am waiting for a guy to come pick up a toro snowblower and a tecumseh engine. i also have alot of stuff on CL
that has not sold yeat but ths time will come.

Threads
......i had for about a year now i am waiting for a guy to come pick up a toro snowblower.....

The guy might need his snowblower soon! I heard there is going to be a big snowstorm up in New England Friday (we are getting a mix here). Are you getting any of that snow? :cool:

Flintmotorsports

Threads
Yeah they are calling for 2 feet where we live

Flintmotorsports

Threads
the quy called about the snowblower and he is comeing tonight to get it just in time for all the snow to come
and cove up all the stuff i got around the yard.

Flintmotorsports

Threads
So the guy who bought the snowblower is very happy with it and i traded a 5 hp snowblower engine
for a troy bilt tuff cut brush hog now that is a up trade the motor is worth 75 and the brush hog is worth 200
i need to trade like this more often.

twinfords

Threads
it is always a good feeling to help folks out as well as make a couple extra $$. I actually fixed 4 push mowers last week, one i did everything maintenance wise i could Briggs( clean carburetor, gas tank, , oil,filter, clean coil, magnets, re gap, clean plug, lube everything, sharpen blade etc. the other Murray Tecumseh,(cleaned tank, cleaned/ rebuilt carburetor, new float bowl, gasket etc cleaned plug, 3rd briggs (cleaned tank, cleaned carburetor, did mild valve job and cleaned head, piston, lapped valves, new head gasket, new valve cover gasket , sharpened blade) 4th old Briggs (valve job, cleaned head, Piston, new gasket ) all run great and customer picked up, i fixed my sons (he will be 5 in April) Baja 90 4x4 (rebuilt the Mikuni carburetor) runs great now. i fixed my Lawnboy 4570 (pics on this site) and fixed a generator that i did everything twice on trying to fix it and it ended up being the gas cap not venting. i also worked on my Father in Laws Kubuta tractor (changed oil and filter) and did so many other things you guys would not believe me if i told you so i will stop now.

Flintmotorsports

Threads
it is always a good feeling to help folks out as well as make a couple extra $$. I actually fixed 4 push mowers last week, one i did everything maintenance wise i could Briggs( clean carburetor, gas tank, , oil,filter, clean coil, magnets, re gap, clean plug, lube everything, sharpen blade etc. the other Murray Tecumseh,(cleaned tank, cleaned/ rebuilt carburetor, new float bowl, gasket etc cleaned plug, 3rd briggs (cleaned tank, cleaned carburetor, did mild valve job and cleaned head, piston, lapped valves, new head gasket, new valve cover gasket , sharpened blade) 4th old Briggs (valve job, cleaned head, Piston, new gasket ) all run great and customer picked up, i fixed my sons (he will be 5 in April) Baja 90 4x4 (rebuilt the Mikuni carburetor) runs great now. i fixed my Lawnboy 4570 (pics on this site) and fixed a generator that i did everything twice on trying to fix it and it ended up being the gas cap not venting. i also worked on my Father in Laws Kubuta tractor (changed oil and filter) and did so many other things you guys would not believe me if i told you so i will stop now.

there is a big demand for fixing lawnmower and such. i would try doing it on the side for now and get
people to learn about you and then make the big step and open for buisness. hope this helps

twinfords

Threads
chainsaws chainsaw chainsaws

i picked up 6 saws the other day and then a very good shop owner friend of mine gave me 8 more and then another friend of mine gave me 7 more. most of the ones i picked up ran or i have running already, i fixed 3 of the ones from my other friend and am working on a few that the shop owner gave me.

IMG-20130218-00197.jpgPoulanpro3.jpgPartner R12 002.jpgpoulan 47 004.jpg