How do i stop it

Ryanjohn

Threads
Oh my gosh. You have a dangerous machine there. Hope your cars and trucks have brakes LOL.
They do. As i said this is a project so trying to find my way round what everything is and how it works

Ryanjohn

Threads
People are idiots and some of the bigger idiots see it as an act freedom to totally dissable all safety switches.
The small wire on the coil is a kill wire and should be open circuit in the run position & ground in the off position.
On a lot of mowers the ground is provided through the key switch by a short ground strap going to the G terminal on the back of the switch
And some others use the body of the switch to create the ground path
If you have to use it before you have time to find the fault & repair it then run a wire from the magneto to the drivers area where you can grab it and make a ground contact to stop the engine.
There is a brake somewhere on the mower
We don't get Castle Garden ( or any other Stiga products apart from STIGA ) so I have no access to your owners manual
If there is a clutch pedal, it doubles as the brake pedal
Thanks for the reply. I'm not going to use it until i get it running properly this was just to see if it moved which it did must didn't stop lol. I think the control board is useless to as there are no dash lights so i have tbe winter to sort it.

Ryanjohn

Threads
Just a quick update. I just been looking over the steering as that only turned to the left but found the nut was missing of the control arm under the steering plate. I found a suitable nut but can't tighten it enough so will use spme washers but while i was in that area i found a brown wire laying on the frame lose and it looks like it is part of the kill switch as i found the tab for it to fit on. It runs up to a large terminal on the control board. Haven't tested it as loads to do

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Only turning one way is a symptom of the bush at the bottom of the steering rod ( the one the steering wheel is on ) being worn oval
Because of the geometry turning one way pulls the steering pinion & the fan gear tighter while turning the other way spreads them apart so the teeth skip over each other .