How do I push my Yard Man Yard Bug?

Mealticket

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all - newbie here. My Dad has a Yard Bug that's been sitting for years and I need to push it from where it is to a place to check it out, but one rear wheel always locks. I can't figure out what to do. I jacked up both rear wheels and they will both turn at the same time, but on the ground not. Being clueless, need help. Thanks,

MT

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The brake is rusted on
We did not get yard bugs down here so I do not have parts diagrams
get some one to push the brake pedal while you are underneath to see where the rod goes to on the transmission , ignore the belt pulleys moving, that is the clutch .
Most of the tractor style mowers I have worked on had the brake behind the right hand wheel
When you find it undo the 2 bolts on the caliper only , do not touch the middle bolt that is the adjustment
BE careful when you do because there are 2 little brake pads and 1 or 2 metal shims which tend to fall out & get lost .
Go to one of the parts suppliers that has illustrated parts diagrams and look at / download / print out the section that has the brake on it .
And take some photos before you put a wrench on anything which wil save yo coming back & asking how the spring goes

Mealticket

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you, bertsmobile1. That totally makes sense. LOL - it's 'here we go again' for me - cleaning out 1 1/4 acres at my Dad's house. Let's just say he collected things...everything. And I have unstuck brakes on cars, trucks, motorhomes, etc. The motorhome had me pulling off a Dana rear hub/drum by hooking a chain to it and yanking it off with my car. The bearing landed 5 feet away, and the hub landed with a thud. I'll get on it. Thanks so much,

MT

Mealticket

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well for my money, the thing is not in neutral at all, even though the shifter shows that it is. Not having the patience, I just got a big huge metal pole thing and used it as a fulcrum to muscle it forward to where it will be sold. It left tracks but got 'er done. Pay me someone. This thing is practically selling itself based on response.

MT

Mealticket

Forum Newbie
Threads
Happy ending on this; guy that bought it will use it on his new farm, or more likely his wife will. He loves it, and he also took an old-school trailer that was sitting here that I wasn't even looking at yet. A nice recycling effort,

MT