how do i get more life out of my jacobsen cutting reel cylinders? (model: LF4677)

jboust

Forum Newbie
How do i get more life out of my Jacobsen (model: LF4677) cutting real cylinders? Can I lengthen the adjustment on the bed knife so I can get more angle on the bed knife to reach the cutting reels? is this possible and if so how can I go about it? are there any people/ organisations/ golf clubs who working on a budget step slightly outside the manufacturers guidelines and maybe , adjust there mowers according to there own secret techniques, or specifications??? any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
 
As a kid, I remember my neighbor adjusting his reel type mower with strips of paper (.004" thick) as a gauge between the reel and the bottom knife.

Jeff
 
:welcome:

Yep, shim the knife.
Just remember as the drum gets smaller the speed of the blades decreases so you might find you have to cut a bit slower.
Not familiar with your exact mower but a lot of the reels down here have an adjustment on the reel both sides a the bearing but it has to be square to the knife or the reel wil just jamb.
 
Back
Top