hot starting... barely

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
So all my small 2 cycle equipment is so bloody hard to start when hot. Not sure what to do. Takes about 20 pulls playing with choke and they just take forever to start was only 77 today what am I going to so when temps go 100?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not site where that leads to? I have 3 echo 225's and a stihl sh86ce all 4 are hard to start hot. They recently got new fuel filters, air filters, spark plug, exhaust cleaned, and fins cleaned. I'm wondering what I am doing wrong

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not site where that leads to? I have 3 echo 225's and a stihl sh86ce all 4 are hard to start hot. They recently got new fuel filters, air filters, spark plug, exhaust cleaned, and fins cleaned. I'm wondering what I am doing wrong

Are you using Echo brand and Stihl brand oil in your equipment and high octane gas? It does make a difference.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Echo brand oil and I run 89 Oct

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't use the choke. Well on my cub cadet 4 stroke I do.
On my husqvarna blower I don't even use the primer bulb. Half a pull every time starts right up. I been using cheap gumout oil ( got a few cases free ) and 89 gas. I mix everything 50:1

Have you changed the air filter?
Plug is gapped right?
Carb is clean?
No added fuel stabilizer junk?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Air filter, fuel filter, plug (pre gapped haven't double checked) were replaced at begining of season. I blow out air filter weekly. I'll try the no choke thing but the choke is eventually what gets it started. When they get hot they act as if starved for fuel and its all my equipment that does it which is what confuses me. I mix my 2 cycle once a week its a one gallon can. I use 3oz to one gallon of 89. I tried spraying starting fluid in my blower today when it was doing the hard start. It fired up quick but took a few mins to get back to full power... I used the blower to cool down my weedeater and it fired up and did same thing. The edger took about 20 pulls 2pulls choke 2pulls non repeat... So not sure

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oh ya never any stabilizer... And carbs hopefully should be clean unless all of them are equally dirty which I hope not with my sealed gas can and clean air filter

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
No progress.. the blower won't start when its hot. Maybe my trailer box is making it to hot. I had to use starting fluid and fuzz with the choke. My weedeater I had to prime it when its hot and that seems to help still need to fuzz with choke... Any ideas?