Hose end sprayer which will dilute a chemical and stream at least 30 ft. ?

MowerMark

Threads
  • / Hose end sprayer which will dilute a chemical and stream at least 30 ft. ?
I used to own an Ortho sprayer. It had a screw-on bottle and the device connected to the garden hose. The nozzle was six to eight inch rod allowing the now diluted solution to go at least 30 feet. Aging caused the bottle to crack, so years ago it was discarded.

Have looked on the Internet and cannot find a garden hose device which will accept a concentrate in the bottle and has a nozzle which produces a stream going quite far.

Can you recommend/find such a piece of garden equipment? Did not see it on Ortho's website. Don't even know what search term to use.

Thanks.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not hose connected, but I have a 4 gal pumper from Husqvarna that has hand pump & will shoot easy 30 ft..

Last edited:

MowerMark

Threads
Excellent! I have a 3 gallon hand pump one but it only sprays a few feet. Please share a link to your device.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got it from Lowes years ago. Sorry no link.. But I really am still very happy with it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Get some irrigation pipe.
Put a tailpiece to fit into your hose on one end then poke a 1/4 barb into the tube around 2" to 4" from the hose.
Check that the water goes the distance you need, if not shove a reducer in the open end
When you have the distance right put some 1/4 line on the barb and stick it in a bucket
Run the hose into a big container of known volume
measure how much is drawn from the bucket in order to fill the tank dilute the bucket contents to get your required solution strength .
Just a basic venturi same as a carburetor

MowerMark

Threads
This is way above my pay grade! Is there any commercial hose and device that's ready to go? a 25-50 feet stream would be super. My old and gone one held 16 oz, I the screw on jar.

Last edited:

MowerMark

Threads
I got it from Lowes years ago. Sorry no link.. But I really am still very happy with it.
Could you please a post a picture of it or list the make and model?

BigBand

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like you're talking about this:
20230118_105812.jpg

I've been told that it is not manufactured any more.
When I found one at a garage sale, I snapped it up so I have a backup.
They do a good job at spraying my fruit trees.

Kansas

Forum Newbie
Threads
Gilmore model 362-D

Attachments

• 20230118_193554.jpg
    20230118_193554.jpg
    677.7 KB · Views: 4