Honda HRX217HXA Grass Door

Griz

Threads
The mechanism that controls the door to select mulch or bag is not working. If I move the handle I can see the lever under the mower move but it is not moving the door. I close the door manually, and see there is a fork like lever that appears to attach to the door, but it is not connected. Any suggestions on how to repair?

Threads
The mechanism that controls the door to select mulch or bag is not working. If I move the handle I can see the lever under the mower move but it is not moving the door. I close the door manually, and see there is a fork like lever that appears to attach to the door, but it is not connected. Any suggestions on how to repair?

WELCOME TO LMF!
A user on this forum, robert@honda, will probably have the best answer. I would wait for his response.
Good luck! :smile:

Griz

Threads
Thanks. It's awkward getting under there. I little knowledge would help.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads

Griz, on the back of your mower is a serial number in the form of "MXXX-1234567" and if you'll share that, I can look up exact service information for you. I know the Clip Director parts were a little different depending on the serial number....

Griz

Threads
Griz, on the back of your mower is a serial number in the form of "MXXX-1234567" and if you'll share that, I can look up exact service information for you. I know the Clip Director parts were a little different depending on the serial number....

HRX217HXA. That would be very helpful. Thanks. Just being able to see a diagram.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
HRX217HXA. That would be very helpful. Thanks. Just being able to see a diagram.

That's the MODEL number...on the back upper edge of the mower deck should be a silver/black sticker with the SERIAL number, it looks like "MXXX-1234567" (M, three letters, then seven numbers) That's the number I need.

Threads
That's the MODEL number...on the back upper edge of the mower deck should be a silver/black sticker with the SERIAL number, it looks like "MXXX-1234567" (M, three letters, then seven numbers) That's the number I need.

As robert@honda said, this is where the serial number is.
serial number.jpg

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Honda forum. :smile: