Honda HR214 SM

Mike88se

Threads
I have a Honda HR214sm I'm going to part out.
Starts on one or two pulls. Everything works great but the motor smokes like a freight train.
The electric start works great but I don't have the charger. The self propel system is strong. All levers and cables work as they should.
The deck is in great shape. Has a bag and rear deflector. In short everything is there and in working order.
If there are any collectors or vintage mower enthusiasts looking for HR214 parts let me know what you are interested in.
Thanks!

Mike88se

Threads
How much for the rear grass bag? Got pics of it?

I haven't set a price but I wouldn't ask much. Shipping would probably cost more than I'd ask for it. I can get some pics of everything in the next few days. The bag is probably the worst thing on this mower. It's intact but IIRC the bag looks like it was restitched to the frame. It does the job but it isn't something you'd want if you're trying to make your mower look good. I'll check to be sure and I will upload some pics here when I get a chance.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I haven't set a price but I wouldn't ask much. Shipping would probably cost more than I'd ask for it. I can get some pics of everything in the next few days. The bag is probably the worst thing on this mower. It's intact but IIRC the bag looks like it was restitched to the frame. It does the job but it isn't something you'd want if you're trying to make your mower look good. I'll check to be sure and I will upload some pics here when I get a chance.

Looks doesnt matter longs it holds grass. I have HR21 and HR214 that need rear grass and/or side discharge chute.

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/wanted-ads/21093-wanted-honda-rear-baggers-pushmower.html

Mike88se

Threads
I did upload some pics, thanks :) I thought everyone would be doing the holiday thing today though. I'll get some more pics up when I get a chance to finish dismantling the mower. Hate taking a good machine to pieces but I don't like it enough to overhaul the engine. It's amazing to me how well it runs and everything works on such an old mower... but the smoke is just too much. I was curious about the starter so I jumped it with my Quick battery and it turned over and started right up. I haven't had the mower long. Matter of fact, if the seller had been upfront about the smoking I probably wouldn't have it at all ;)
Honda mowers run great and cut well but they are so slow lol.
That bag isn't going to be cheap to ship. They will charge dimensional weight and unfortunately that frame doesn't fold. Might be better to just buy the bag and discharge chute.
Davbell-

Just FYI Mike uploaded pics of the bag here: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/members/mike88se-albums-honda-214.html :smile:

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I need the grass bag frame also. I dont have the grass bag frame.

Mike88se

Threads
I need the grass bag frame also. I dont have the grass bag frame.
It's on the way. Shipping was $20.81 w/ $50 ins
Wish I'd thought to ask if there was any small parts you might want as a toss in since they charged by dimensions not weight.
My paypal acct is the same as my email addy mike88se@gmail.com

By the way I started tearing it down. If you have any idea what parts may be worth something I'd appreciate it.
I'm taking the entire starting system off in case anyone wanted to convert to electric start. I'm sure the coil and plug wire, blade clutch, and transmission/transaxle must be worth something but not sure about the rest. I know the carbs on these are dirt cheap new. The deck is great but who wants to ship a deck.

Oh yeah... clear some space in your inbox...it's full and won't accept any new messages ;)

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oh yeah... clear some space in your inbox...it's full and won't accept any new messages ;)

Fixed. PM me the total and tracking number please. If the self propelled gearbox setup is the same as mine Id be interested in that also.