honda hr21 sxm leaks oil and wont run longer than two minutes

Threads
  • / honda hr21 sxm leaks oil and wont run longer than two minutes
hi new here and im having issues with my hr21 sxm older but ran great when I bought earlier this summer but would leak all the oil out so I just kept putting more I when it needed it
it was stored in a friends barn for three months until we moved into our house we are at now I was trying to start and it wouldn't start for nothing
then when it did finally run it died after a minute of mowing after it warms up
I opened it up and the old head gasket was no good but could that be the only issue
im still waiting on it to arrive to replace ad I have to get a new string cause it snapped when I was trying to start it
heres a pic of it opened up

honda hr21.jpg

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The very first thing I would want to fix is the oil leak. Sure has to be a big mess where ever it sits. Its OK to replace the head gasket but check the head very close for being warped. Also why is the head blowing gaskets, overheating?

Threads
I have no idea I bought at a garage sale for 25 and it smelled like burning oil when I ran it so checked the oil and it was empty so I filled it and when I checked a week later to mow again it was empty

just recently I opened it cause it started acting up and found the head gasket was no good
and I have no idea if that's it or if the bottom main seal was bad

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
When you get it running again just clean up everything real good because then it is a lot easier finding a oil leak that way. Oil has a way of traveling making hard to find the leak.